My dad saw the Esteban master class ad on TV: http://www.seenontvbargains.com/guitar.html?promo

He's convinced that he can learn to play guitar with this cheap package - I'm sure he can learn something with the help of me aswell. But has anyone bought this package and is it worth the 200 dollars?

It sounds like a good deal if the guitar is nice - if it isn't it's probably just a ripoff. Like most as seen on tv ads.
A $200 guitar kit isn't going to be nice. You are better off just buying a $200 guitar and getting guitar lessons.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
I wouldn't buy a starter kit. When my sister got into guitars we got her a Fender acoustic starter kit that was around $200 and the guitar wouldn't stay in tune for more than 10 minutes. We ended up taking it back and getting a regular $200 Fender and GC let us keep the instructional DVD's and what not. Needless to say she is still playing the second guitar.
Quote by _A.D.I.D.A.S._
I've herd a LOT of bad things about the Esteban guitars. I'd stay away from them.

Ditto, get him a $200 guitar and one of these videos http://books-videos-music.musiciansfriend.com/learn-to-play/guitar/videos
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by _A.D.I.D.A.S._
I've herd a LOT of bad things about the Esteban guitars. I'd stay away from them.

^ listen to him. I have one, first guitar I've owned. Frankly, you dont think its bad when its your first guitar but when you get the second one and know what real tone is like you're going to want to pay someone to take the Esteban off your hands.
My Gear

Esteban American Legacy
Fender Standard Strat HSS
Fender Frontman 25W
Boss MT-2
Boss GE-7
I don't recommend the Esteban guitars or even his teaching methods. Much better off spending the money on a decent guitar and some lessons.
why do you hate your dad so much for considering putting him though that?! =P

Hed be much better off with something like an ibanez starter package. Its not amazing by any means, but its a world above estaban crap. Ibanez build quality is really great for the price all around.

My first guitar was a GSA60. For the price the build quality and guitar itself were GREAT.
Quote by kaosfire
why do you hate your dad so much for considering putting him though that?! =P

Hed be much better off with something like an ibanez starter package. Its not amazing by any means, but its a world above estaban crap. Ibanez build quality is really great for the price all around.

My first guitar was a GSA60. For the price the build quality and guitar itself were GREAT.

It was my dads idea I swear! :P