When I go to a show and there's a band playing with no vocals, I don't like them. Unless they're really good.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Trivium doesnt really use vocals. at least i dont think. A buddy i snowboard with plays trivium all the time and the only time i've heard lyrics are on covers.

You dont have to have vocals. But if you dont have vocals, you SHOULD compensate with more talented/complex/creative riffs. you dont have to, though. Depends on how you put it together.
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
Well where I live(suburbs of philly) I can't find one person to sing for my metal band? I found one guy who is 23 and we are all 18. Is this weird?
Quote by wigamortis
Well where I live(suburbs of philly) I can't find one person to sing for my metal band? I found one guy who is 23 and we are all 18. Is this weird?

no 5 years isn't a big deal, give him a shot
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Zenith Lead
Trivium doesnt really use vocals. at least i dont think. A buddy i snowboard with plays trivium all the time and the only time i've heard lyrics are on covers.

You dont have to have vocals. But if you dont have vocals, you SHOULD compensate with more talented/complex/creative riffs. you dont have to, though. Depends on how you put it together.

What?

Trivium have vocals on almost every track. In fact I can only think of 1 Trivium song that doesn't have vocals.
Last.fm
Quote by Weybl Himself
It's the Pit, every day is Dumbass Question Day
It's considered weird to the majority. But since it's music, and with music, anything goes, then yeah its fine.

Vocals do help though.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by wigamortis

nah. i almost ended up in a band with a 19 year old, gay singer back when i was 15. THAT would have been a little weird for me at least. Maybe if he was 40......
Quote by St.Loony

Quote by MightyAl

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
Quote by RunRiot
What?

Trivium have vocals on almost every track. In fact I can only think of 1 Trivium song that doesn't have vocals.

then what the f*ck have i been listening to..............
Quote by St.Loony

Quote by MightyAl

Quote by smartguyreviews
If you like it go with it.

But the music will have to be fun enough to compensate.

BUT if you want a singer you'll probably need someone who sounds like Chris Cornell, Geoff Tate, The dude from Symphony X, and many others in terms of skill, sound, projection, versatility, and much more.

Cornell really is a singer you'd want. Go listen to Jesus Christ Pose, Beyond the Wheel, or Holy Water by Soundgarden.
You can make a band based upon whatever you want.

You can have 5 guitars, or 3 drum kits, or 9 singers, or whatever. It's up to you.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by koolfoolinapool
If you like it go with it.

But the music will have to be fun enough to compensate.

BUT if you want a singer you'll probably need someone who sounds like Chris Cornell, Geoff Tate, The dude from Symphony X, and many others in terms of skill, sound, projection, versatility, and much more.

Cornell really is a singer you'd want. Go listen to Jesus Christ Pose, Beyond the Wheel, or Holy Water by Soundgarden.

Or you could find someone original and change rock history!
No, but without vocals you have to make your music a lot more... interesting than you would have normally, one example of great instrumental metal is Blotted Science, look them up.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Zenith Lead

Lol i was wondering the same thing. The only trivium stuff without vocals are the 1 or 2 minute instrumental pieces in the middle or beginnings of the albums.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Zenith Lead

stop using limewire! those jaggoffs dont know the names of what they're listening to and mislabel everything. but out of curiositly what where the songs you were listening to that you thought were Trivium?
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.