Hey All,
Just recorded a short original song. I am sorry if the volume is too low/high, I am trying to get my recording equipment straight and it's not going so well. Any advice/comments are greatly appreciated! Please go easy on my vocals, I'm not a singer at all. I would be happy to crit back!

Link in my sig!
Song: Your Ghost

Lyrics:

If I wrote this line would you have stayed?
Through winter tides and the warmth of May.
And I wait by this glass everyday,
for your ghost.

And I whisper prayers in the darks of nights.
But I left the book and its lies aside.
It's not his grace or divinity,
that will lead you back to me.

The sand escapes under my worn feet,
into waves of uncertain defeat.
And the ocean will take me as heaven screams,
did Mary feel like me?
Do you still think of me?
Sounds good, even though the volume is a little low, you can always fix that by amplifying it on Audacity or some audio editing program.
well i tried to listen to it but its not letting me access the music? just a page not found screen when i click on either streaming option..if you know when this is fixed or how to fix it let me know!

in the meantime c4c? just remind me after the crit to check back if its fixed or you know whats wrong!

- blaze

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=981801
"Through every dark night there is a bright day after that so no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it."
I tried to listen again..same thing.
so i will crit the writing for now and hopefully you will put it up on here and it will be easier for me to view. The lyrics are interesting but is there a chorus? (i would know this if i could hear the song lol) Every thing seems to go together well but I found the last two lines worded awkwardly. Maybe you do some tricky phrasing to make it fit but that part based strictly on reading sounds awkward.

anyways..hope that will help a little.

thanks for teh crit
"Through every dark night there is a bright day after that so no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it."