I just got a Bugera 333xl and I was wondering if changing the tubes and getting a 10 band eq be able to help me get a VHT tone out of it? at least closer to a VHT tone. I love the amazing bottom end and punch mids
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Umm, 700 dollar amp vs 3000 dollar amp, do the math. /assholeness

Swapping out the junk stockers and running an eq could only help, but I doubt a bugera is gonna get close to something like that.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You mean to tell me you aren't satisfied with it as is? I dunno dude, maybe you bought the wrong amp.
no im satisfied with it i just really wanted a vht but had to settle for less due to shitty job.
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by Kevin Saale
Umm, 700 dollar amp vs 3000 dollar amp, do the math. /assholeness

Swapping out the junk stockers and running an eq could only help, but I doubt a bugera is gonna get close to something like that.

what comes stock in the Bugera anyway? If they are out of the Shuguang factory in China, they've been producing some decent tubes as of late IMO. I like the Shuguang 9th gen 12AX7 quite a bit, and I've had a lot of luck with Ruby power tubes in a variety of amps. They sound good, and they've been more reliable than the brands I've been using out of Russia. I've lost several Tung Sol pres and JJ power and pres this year, without one case of a bad Shuguang or Ruby.

FWIW though, I haven't heard anything out of a 333XL that sounded like a VHT to me. Not trying to be mean, but if that's the sound you wanted, you should have saved a little more IMO. I've seen several used D60's under 1k, and prices have only gotten better.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids