I tried watching this movie on Saturday. I couldn't take it. I fucking hated it. Jesus Christ, it was so pointless. Am I the only one? Do I need to watch it high or something?

I am severely disappointed.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
Last edited by Austiman at Oct 20, 2008,
what??? how could you hate that movie i love it and yea you probably need to be high to get it. i got it cause im naturally ****ed up in the head
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
You misspelled Las Vegas...

... I can't take the pain.

Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I fixed it!
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox

Quote by Austiman
Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I fixed it!

Thank you so much! Whew, another thirty seconds of that and I'd have passed out.
I LOVE this movie.

You don't think it's completely hilarious and insane?! I think it is important to keep in mind while you are watching it that the movie is more or less a true story.
Quote by al112987
I will agree, it's a horrible movie.

Wrong answer. Greatest writer EVAR. It is a damn good movie to compare to the book. And you need a bit of black humour to get it.
It's a great flick

Try watching it stoned

Then on acid

Then on shrooms

Drunk

etc etc
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
I know what you mean, all my friends think its the greatest movie ever, I think it is the dumbest movie i've ever seen. They are all crazy about it cause they are all dumbass wannabe stoners, who drop acid and then watch the movie and think it amazing. I just think its retarded.
Fear and Loathing is one of my favorites. But it does take more than 1 watching to fully comprehend.
Quote by HumanitysDeath
The hell?
What's wrong with Fear and Loathing?

I honestly don't know. I couldn't take the stonerific plot. I don't smoke weed enough to get it.

Or maybe I just didn't care for it because I hate acid heads? I don't know I thought it was horrible.

You're welcome Glen'sHeroicAct!
Quote by Adam...?

Quote by Jackintehbox

You're right about the plot, it really doesn't have any solid foundation for you to go on. If you don't agree to accept that there will be no plot to follow, you're just going to be bored. But if you just kind of allow yourself to go along for the ride and take each scene as a plot of its own, you'll be more entertained.
You need to be screwed in the head, and have a taste for black humour.
I've never watched it high, but i enjoyed it immensely.
I didn't do drugs the first 2 times i watched it, and now that i think about it, i dont think i have ever actually even been ****ed up while viewing, I just love its manic energy and how bizarre it is, and i think it is very well put together as a film to be able to support that. i dont hink you need to be on drugs to like it. and i do agree that there is way too many trendy kids who act like big drug addicts that say they love to watch it stoned, and its annoying.
It was too chaotic for me. Had some interesting parts and I thought Johnny Depp had a great performance but it's just all over the place.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Well, I never really finished it. I got really, really, REALLY pissed that it was that bad and left the room. My friends turned it off. It was the bathtub part when he's in there freaking the hell out.

I think there were too many trip scenes in all honesty. I can't believe I hated it that bad. I've NEVER turned off a movie because it was bad. And I've seen "Santa Claus Fights the Martians", "Killer Klownz from Outer Space", "One Missed Call", and "When a Stranger Calls".
Quote by Adam...?

Quote by Jackintehbox

read the book.

it was infinitely better.

it will makes sense then.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
In my band rehearsal, a dude described the whole plot to me... sounds pretty screwed up! And i got his whole description on video as well "it's complete anal destruction!" about the 16 year old artist thingo..

Its probably the worst movie ever but i couldnt help but love it. ive watched it like a thousand times its great
Quote by iron maiden 571
**** you. that movie is ****ing hilarious.

Please sir, suck my dick!
Quote by Adam...?

Quote by Jackintehbox

Austiman, maybe you just have a short attention span. It's not like the acting's bad, and it's not like there's anything in the scene you mentioned that is revolting, so you must've just gotten bored.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
Austiman, maybe you just have a short attention span. It's not like the acting's bad, and it's not like there's anything in the scene you mentioned that is revolting, so you must've just gotten bored.

I really did. It's not really my attention span, it just sucked major ass to me.
Quote by Adam...?

Quote by Jackintehbox

see the movie has no significant plot because it's an autobiographical account of one or more drug binges in Las Vegas. don't you see that it's normal that it wouldn't have a significant plot? you have to take the movie for what it is.
The first half was good, but I nodded off after that.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.