Now, I did searchbar but couldn't find anything. There's a lot of threads about down-tuning, and if any damage may occur. But this is a noob question about up-tuning (correct phrase?).

I've learnt that Don Ross song Klimbim, and the high e string is tuned 3 steps up. I've down-tuned it since then because I was getting paranoid, but I was just wondering if any long term damage would occur to my very standard acoustic (Yamaha FG730S, picture below), as I can imagine the tension at the bridge and head must be quite high.

Thanks for any answers

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
for "up-tuning" i'd just use a capo
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
if you have heavy strings and tune up a lot, you could potentially snap or warp the neck. rocknskate4 is right just use a capo
Edit: ^ Ok, that's not a good thing. Cheers.

Quote by rocknskate4
for "up-tuning" i'd just use a capo

Well, I've got a terrible string capo, and the tuning is all over the place
Quote by jimtaka
Tuned up three full steps or three half steps?

Well, I've just realised that I may have got the wrong song, seeing as the high e in Klimbim is tuned to F# But there is a song, I forget which, that is 3 half steps. So will it be fine?

Oh, and don't ask what strings I have I just buy the first set on eBay.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Last edited by Zero-Hartman at Oct 20, 2008,
You aren't going to do your guitar any damage by tuning your high E string up 3 half steps. The string would break way before any damage could be done to the guitar. Also, just so you're ready for it... If you tune your high E string up 3 half steps, it will break much quicker than normal. If you switch your high E string from standard to up 3 half steps frequently, it will break MUCH MUCH quicker than normal.
Thanks a lot for the answers, as long as no damage is done to the guitar, I'm quite happy. Guitar strings, I'm not so bothered about

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.