Page 1 of 5
In your opinion, who is the worst/most overrated actor?

We had to watch 'Little Buddha' recently for english, and it dawned on me just how awful Keanu Reeves is. If you disagree, please, please, please watch this movie. He is simply horrible, and to think he is an A-list actor that makes millions for each movie he stars in, I just don't understand how people can like him.

Here are some others:

1. Nicholas Cage - wooden and awful
2. Brendan Fraser - I have yet to meet someone who thinks he is a good actor
3. George Clooney

Who are the actors you think are awful?
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
What the hell is wrong with you?
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
Nicholas Cage?! Bah I say, bah!
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Tom Cruise.
Bruce Campbell - Awful but awesome at the same time....its so hard to decide which
Nicolas Cage - Dont believe me? Watch Ghost Rider.
You're just jealous because they're all so much sexier than you. Especially George Clooney.
kill all humans
Chuck Norris

EDIT:
Anyone in the remake of The Omen...they totally killed a classic
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Oct 20, 2008,
I'd say Will Ferrel, and Christopher Walken
(Hence "More Cowbell")

It's a funny skit, but the acting is bad, and I just don't like Will Ferrel.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Ed Norton is a fantastic actor, as is Alan Rickman. Also Rowan Atkinson and Jason Lee.

Overrated = Tom Cruise and anyone who was in or is affiliated with Friends.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I have to say that George Clooney and Tom Cruise are both good actors.

Nicholas Cage is pretty bad in about half his movies, but he does have redeeming roles.
Brendan Fraser is clearly one of the worst actors ever.
Keanu Reeves is also garbage.
Kevin Costner

Dances with wolves was good, but everything else he has ever done has sucked.
Quote by dragen_slair
Nicolas Cage - Dont believe me? Watch Ghost Rider.

Seen it. You can't think he's that bad for one shitty movie. Watch "Lord of War".
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
Oh yeah. Nicole Kidman. I dislike her acting and her movies.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
if you think Nicholas Cage is rubbish, watch next, or lord of war. i think he's quite good. you have to remember that with most these actors it's not always them acting bad, it's just that they have less interesting or impressive characters.
Quote by StevenJ128
Kevin Costner

Dances with wolves was good, but everything else he has ever done has sucked.

Bull Durham
Field of Dreams

Quality.
Keannu Reaves is overrated in that people actually call the man an actor. Thank god everything else about the Matrix was amazing, even his wooden acting couldn't ruin it.

Ben Affleck is one of the more overrated actors as well.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by jimtaka
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams

Quality.

Field of Dreams was a good movie, because even Kevin Costner's awful performance couldn't ruin that script.
well id say chuck norris but i hear hes in the interwebs so im scared his fist might come through my screen and hit me in the face
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
Quote by jimtaka
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams

Quality.

I'm not a fan of Field of Dreams, but his performance in Bull Durham is enough to validate him as an actor imo.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by estranged_g_n_r

We had to watch 'Little Buddha' recently for english, and it dawned on me just how awful Keanu Reeves is. If you disagree, please, please, please watch this movie. He is simply horrible, and to think he is an A-list actor that makes millions for each movie he stars in, I just don't understand how people can like him.

Obviously you have never watched Bill and ted movies. They are teh rox0r
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Nicholas Cage is probably the worst overrated actor around.
Honestly he is terrible...
Mark Wahlberg is pretty bad too
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Quote by estranged_g_n_r

Here are some others:

1. Nicholas Cage - wooden and awful
2. Brendan Fraser - I have yet to meet someone who thinks he is a good actor
3. George Clooney

Who are the actors you think are awful?

I wasn't a fan of Nicholas Cage until I saw Adaptation (one of my favourite movies of all time). He was great in Matchstick Men as well. I just think he doesn't suit the conventional leading man roles.

I've also never had a problem with Brendan Fraser. Having said that, I've never seen the Mummy...which I'm guessing is what most people are judging him on.

If you don't like George Clooney, watch O Brother Where Art Thou. Great movie and Clooney does well in his role.

Anyway, time for my list:

1) Drew Barrymore: She comes across as ditzy in every single role she plays...and even when she does play this type of role, she doesn't have the looks to pull it off in my opinion haha.

2) Keanu Reeves: Nicholas Cage is wooden?

3) Kevin Spacey: I'm going to get killed for this one. His mannerisms really annoy me. It's a personal thing I guess. I didn't mind him so much in American Beauty...although that was more because I liked his character. Then again I thought Annette Bening stole the spotlight with her performance. Unfortunately the movie was ruined for me by Thora Birch and Wes Bentley who played two annoyingly pretentious and naive teenagers. I think I'm alone on this one though.

4) Steve Carell: I feel like this one shouldn't need explaining.
Last edited by agreth_3rd at Oct 20, 2008,
People are confusing acting ability with movie roles. Nicholas Cage may have been too stupid to turn down Ghost Rider, but that doesn't make him a bad actor.

Kevin Costner isn't a bad actor, in fact he's a good actor. He simply hasn't had a good movie in some time. He certainly isn't overrated, that's for sure. It's become sort of a fad to simply say he's a bad actor, simply because he's been in so many bad movies.
Quote by agreth_3rd
I wasn't a fan of Nicholas Cage until I saw Adaptation (one of my favourite movies of all time). He was great in Matchstick Men as well. I just think he doesn't suit the conventional leading man roles.

I've also never had a problem with Brendan Fraser. Having said that, I've never seen the Mummy...which I'm guessing is what most people are judging him on.

If you don't like George Clooney, watch O Brother Where Art Thou. Great movie and Clooney does well in his role.

Anyway, time for my list:

1) Drew Barrymore: She comes across as ditzy in every single role she plays...and even when she does play this type of role, she doesn't have the looks to pull it off in my opinion haha.

2) Keanu Reeves: Nicholas Cage is wooden?

3) Kevin Spacey: I'm going to get killed for this one. His mannerisms really annoy me. It's a personal thing I guess. I didn't mind him so much in American Beauty...although that was more because I liked his character. Then again I thought Annette Bening stole the spotlight with her performance. Unfortunately the movie was ruined for me by Thora Birch and Wes Bentley who played two annoyingly pretentious and naive teenagers. I think I'm alone on this one though.

He's actually pretty good in the first two. I haven't seen the newest one but I'm sure it sucked.

I like pretty much all actors. I think Zach Braff can be lame sometimes but he's still a great visionary.
I think that Keanu Reeves isn't a good actor for anything other than the Bill & Ted Movies. I think that Jennifer Garner is incredibly bland and so is Gwyneth Paltrow. I don't like Will Ferrel as an actor either.

Quote by musiclover2399
I like pretty much all actors. I think Zach Braff can be lame sometimes but he's still a great visionary.

My Idol.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Last edited by Auals at Oct 20, 2008,
Every singer-turned-actor except Meat Loaf and Jack Black.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by b4t3man
Oh yeah. Nicole Kidman. I dislike her acting and her movies.

Yeah, she's a bit wooden. Her expression never changes! And she's thinner than me.

I find Daniel Radcliffe rather wooden and boring. Also, Emma Watson tends to over-act.
XIAOXI
reeves is ok in a few movies
but most of his movies suck imo
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
People are confusing acting ability with movie roles. Nicholas Cage may have been too stupid to turn down Ghost Rider, but that doesn't make him a bad actor.

Kevin Costner isn't a bad actor, in fact he's a good actor. He simply hasn't had a good movie in some time. He certainly isn't overrated, that's for sure. It's become sort of a fad to simply say he's a bad actor, simply because he's been in so many bad movies.

I agree with this.
George Clooney is dreamy.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by DirtyMakik
Every singer-turned-actor except Meat Loaf and Jack Black.

Will Smith?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Guitar0player
Will Smith?

...yeah...
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Abunai X

I find Daniel Radcliffe rather wooden and boring.

I didn't get to see it but I heard great things about his performance in Equus. He was good in Extras as well.

Harry Potter he sucked, but anyone would look bad when you're up against Alan Rickman and Richard Griffiths...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by neopowell
I didn't get to see it but I heard great things about his performance in Equus. He was good in Extras as well.

Harry Potter he sucked, but anyone would look bad when you're up against Alan Rickman and Richard Griffiths...

lol, that's true.

Were all the people saying he was good in Equus female by any chance?

Yeah. Thought so.
XIAOXI
Brendan Fraser & Nicholas Cage imo. Leonardo DeCaprio annoys the hell out of me as well, though I don't necessarily think he's that bad of an actor.
The Rock has to be the best actor around at the moment though. I'm pretty sure Doom blew the world away.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Quote by newbie08
Brendan Fraser & Nicholas Cage imo. Leonardo DeCaprio annoys the hell out of me as well, though I don't necessarily think he's that bad of an actor.
The Rock has to be the best actor around at the moment though. I'm pretty sure Doom blew the world away.

It didnt.

The movie was good but the script was terrible.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Page 1 of 5