I have a thing where I respond to my supposed name even though it's just the first syllable of another word, for example, someone says, "ASH...tray," and I automatically look at that person and snap out of, expecially if i'm spaceing/day dreaming out.

I feel like such a DOG.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
I shall take notes of this.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I do it too.
When ever people say things like "Jaykemobile", "Jaykegasm" or "Jayke...what are you doing with your pants down?" I look up straight away.
Unless my pants are actually down.
Then I pretend to be asleep.

No one bothers the sleeping man.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by JackalUK
Ash....Ketchum

Yes mother?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Everyone does it unless they practice not doing it... it's like an orgasm, gonna happen after a certain point whether you want it to or not.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
I have a thing where I respond to my supposed name even though it's just the first syllable of another word, for example, someone says, "ASH...tray," and I automatically look at that person and snap out of, expecially if i'm spaceing/day dreaming out.

I feel like such a DOG.

my name is Drew and for some reason a lot of words when they're said quickly sound like my name (e.g you, threw, blue, even words that don't rhyme) so I always look around and my friends are like "what?" Coz I think someone said my name but they didn't. It happens a lot when Im drunk too
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by JaykeSucks
I do it too.
When ever people say things like "Jaykemobile", "Jaykegasm" or "Jayke...what are you doing with your pants down?" I look up straight away.
Unless my pants are actually down.
Then I pretend to be asleep.

No one bothers the sleeping man.

haha!!! i'm callin it early, this will be the funniest thing i see/hear all week. Thanks JaykeSucks!

edit: people call me by my last name which couldn't be mistaken with many other words so i dont really have this problem. and even when i do hear my name (either one) i dont care to acknowledge them cause i'm just introverted...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Last edited by joshua029 at Oct 20, 2008,
Quote by druz15_UG
my name is Drew and for some reason a lot of words when they're said quickly sound like my name (e.g you, threw, blue, even words that don't rhyme) so I always look around and my friends are like "what?" Coz I think someone said my name but they didn't. It happens a lot when Im drunk too

yeah...that happens to me too. Espcieally when I'm not paying attention. Usually with teachers.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
another classic thread by Laces Out Danny
yours are the threads that I laugh at
and then think about later and laugh even harder