i don't know about any of you, but i don't have an electric guitar. i'ts just the good 'ol acoustic at the moment....but how about you? how do you find playing acoustic only? (if you do only play acoustic!)
Quote by gunther_sucks
I play acoustic more than electric.

^ Same. I own both but I find myself playing acoustic more often.
i played Acoustic for hlf a year before i got an electric. but i was playin electrci songs on the acoustic so it really strengthened my fingers when it came to electric and made the tips of my fingers hard as shit! lol
Quote by vinc3nt
i don't know about any of you, but i don't have an electric guitar. i'ts just the good 'ol acoustic at the moment....but how about you? how do you find playing acoustic only? (if you do only play acoustic!)

I only have a few acoustic guitars. I'm planning on buying a telecaster though. Hopefully i'll be able to fit them all in my room. I'll probably still play my acoustic more, but yeah. They're all fun
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I only own an acoustic, might be getting an electric sometime though. But thats probably a few years later =P
I played an acoustic for a year before I started on electrics, after buying one electric I bought a steel string acoustic and that's what I play most often despite acquiring two other electrics since I bought it. I'm far too lazy to plug in my guitars and play and I find if I do I end up trying to hide my mistakes with gain, acoustics generally make me a better player and they sound nicer.
I like playing both and switch between types regularly playing the same song but making them sound so different...A Wolf at the Door (Radiohead) sounds great on the acoustic but I can make the electric sing with memory man delay and loads of reverb! Try both...but my first love is acoustic i have to admit.
I barely touch my electric. I only play it when it's late at night, cos its quieter xD
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I just got an electric not too long ago. It really depends on what mood im in. If i feel like learning a song with a lot of singing, really chilled out songs to help me relax (like I have been lately) I'll play my acoustic. But if I feel like just blaring a lot of noise I'll mess with my acoustic. Do some stuff that sounds like 3rd Stone From the Sun
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I only had an acoustic for a long time, but a few months ago I was able to get a 14 year old strat which was cheap and plays decent.

When it gets dark, I like to dial in a nice smokey bar kind of tone on the amp, and play some blues.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
i started playing on a classical, then bought a steel string acoustic a few months later. now i'm hoping to get an electric soon, becuase when i play my freinds electric, or my uncle's or something i relly yearn fo one. besides, im more into rocky meteal sort of stuff, and thats pretty annoying to play on an acoustic. but i do love my acoustic, and don't get me wrong, i'll always be playing it.
i barely play my electric. you make it sound like it's bad that you have an acoustic.

even with my electric i have little desire to play anything but on a clean channel.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
do i? i think i made it quite clear in my last post that i ove my acoustic and will alway's be playing it.
I have a Yamaha FG730S acoustic and a Squier Stratocastor by Fender electric.

I have played the electric 9 times since I got the Yamaha, and have played the acoustic almost everyday for about 6 months total. Got them at the same time
I only have a really shitty acoustic, and a vintage acoustic (too much $ so I don't play it much at all)

So I'm rocking electric 99.5% of the time!
Quote by Wiggly
I have a Yamaha FG730S acoustic and a Squier Stratocastor by Fender electric.

I have played the electric 9 times since I got the Yamaha, and have played the acoustic almost everyday for about 6 months total. Got them at the same time

I wouldn't want to play the squier either.

Kind of pointless when it won't stay in tune and ur pickups are feeding back with just a touch of gain.
Quote by vinc3nt
do i? i think i made it quite clear in my last post that i ove my acoustic and will alway's be playing it.

i'm gonna be honest here, i didn't see that post lol.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
I only have a really shitty acoustic, and a vintage acoustic (too much $ so I don't play it much at all)

So I'm rocking electric 99.5% of the time!

You don't play your more expensive guitar, because it's expensive?
Isn't that just a waste of money? Hardly cost effective.
Quote by Renka

Quote by ILoveGuitar07

Kind of pointless when it won't stay in tune and ur pickups are feeding back with just a touch of gain.

Mine Squier is NOT that bad ..

On thread, I have only electric, but I'm planning on buying an acoustic
Quote by ILoveGuitar07

How could you not want to play this? It's magnificent.
Equipment:

I played acoustic for a year before getting my electric. I really love it. Sometimes its just easier to pick up my acoustic and play rather than putting on my heavy LP and waiting for my amp to warm up.

though after having finger probs, I've had to switch to 75% electric lately.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Quote by OddOneOut
You don't play your more expensive guitar, because it's expensive?
Isn't that just a waste of money? Hardly cost effective.

well it was my dads 60's epi acoustic.......I'll take it out and strum it a little, but its worth too much to touch it. lol
my "freind" just got another guitar!!!!! he has four now!!!!
he just got an ibanez aw something with tree of life inlay and stuff.
he's been playing for half a year and he has 4 fricken guitars!!!!
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
Quote by vinc3nt

It's ok. I'm going to tell you a secret. His Art Wood Ibanez acoustic is made of crap.
Equipment:

Quote by vinc3nt

I've been in this situation too, just play better than him and you'll be fine. He'll probably quit before long and then you can buy his guitars for cheap (the ones that aren't crap).
Quote by captivate
It's ok. I'm going to tell you a secret. His Art Wood Ibanez acoustic is made of crap.

is it really? it playes really well. how much are they worth? cus he got it for $600 (au).
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
Quote by vinc3nt
is it really? it playes really well. how much are they worth? cus he got it for $600 (au).

General consensus in this forum seems to be that they can be of poor quality. I wouldn't worry about price. Having a more expensive guitar doesn't always mean its a better guitar.
Quote by Renka

I play my classical about 90% of the time and Electric 10%

Mainly because its more fun to play acoustic by yourself and electric with a band. I don't get to practice with my band to much :/
Im an all acoustic guy. I own 8 guitars, all of them acoustic. The next guitar I buy will be an acoustic also.
i only have an electric right now, but i'd rather just have a good acoustic.

i like acoustic music more.
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
all acoustic all the time i sold off al my electric gear guess its just grandpa guitars for me now lol.
love the resonating natural sound of an acoustic, i love holding it against my chest, resting the side of my face against the top closest to the neck so i can hear the notes ring out. i love picking my acoustics up, placing my nose near the soundhole and smelling the wood...pure heaven!

have a few electrics too, but the electrics, and the tube amp dont get the attention my acoustics do. if the place set on fire, i'd save my family and grab the two acoustics...the electrics would become firewood.