Aye, tis another one of those type of threads; Whenever I pickup a guitar, it beging to feel like a chore, starting to get tedious.

I've been playing for nearly 2 years, started my first year of Music Performance in college last month. I have to take my guitar to college tuesday-friday (the days I'm in) and because I'm doing the course full-time, It's the only course I'm in. It's a National Diploma.

I use to pickup a guitar just for the fun of it. I'd practise some songs, doodle about with my own stuff, etc. But no I'm in college, and It's like it's being pushed on me, I'm getting pretty tiresome of it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my guitars, I love making music. I think it's just a problem of 'over-saturation', if you get me.

So anyway, I have a 2 week break starting next week, I think I'm just going to ease on it for a while, maybe get out my old keyboard and mess with that. Looking into making a killswitch too, though, I'm not too sure on that.

tl;dr: I'm getting tired of guitar. May take a break. Happened to you before? What you do to get over it? Got any suggestions for myself?
Watch some live videos of your favourite bands and artists, learn some new styles, get some new equipment.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Watch some live videos of your favourite bands and artists, learn some new styles, get some new equipment.

Yeah I'm actually watching Muse H.A.A.R.P live video at Wembley right now. And I'm saving up for a JVM410H, but won't be able to get one til around January.
Yeah, I got put off guitar when I had to do it in 6th form. It's taken me about a year to get back into really practicing again.

Take a week's break or so, then set yourself a goal that has nothing to do with college work and work towards that as a way of keeping the fun in it.
Another turning; point a fork stuck in the road?
Don't worry, time will grab you by the hand and direct you where to go.
You should make the best of this test, but don't ask why, it's not a question but a lesson learned in time
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
You should make the best of this test, but don't ask why, it's not a question but a lesson learned in time

that was the song I thought about when I read the title
Quote by imdeth
that was the song I thought about when I read the title

What song?
RULE BRITANNIA
Your not alone, recently I've started noticing this again. A new thing i've started doing is when i'm feeling like this, to just take it easy. During this time I don't take on any new theory material or try to write any music because I just end up getting frustrated, all i do is play a long to a few simple songs now and then and chill. If your like me the feeling will pass.
Quote by chrisatgrace
it's a fork in the road...but it cuts like a knife.

Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Take a break and try something new for awhile, you'll come back with a whole new desire.

I tried to learn spanish a few years ago and failed due to laziness.
A year later i tried to learn Russian...
Suddenly Spanish didn't seem so bad after all...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by Kyle.E
Yeah I'm actually watching Muse H.A.A.R.P live video at Wembley right now. And I'm saving up for a JVM410H, but won't be able to get one til around January.

muse = GREAT band

H.A.A.R.P. = FANTASTIC live DVD

just keep watchin matt bellamy, i think he just makes some stuff up as he goes along such as the interludes, i find that trying to replicate them and then building on them and maybe even throw some lyrics down is a pretty good task to keep me entertained.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

i see what you did there!