yesterday i managed to break my g string when i was tuning it up a whole step(!), and here i am broke and without a g string for 9 days... anyone know any songs that only uses like the EADxBe strings? would be awesome to have something to play whilst waiting acoustic guitar btw

any tips appreciated
First, you should invest in a capo. Second, power chord songs or do some speed building exercises on B and E.
The gstring is the best string

sorry mate - although the b strings is good too.

hey green day only use the EAD strings anyway hahahahahaha

PS: buy a new string
Quote by Seventeen
First, you should invest in a capo. Second, power chord songs or do some speed building exercises on B and E.

i have a capo, i only tuned it up for a specific song wich had only the g string tuned up to an a..

I think i'll do some speed exercising on the B and E string, good idea thanks
go buy some new strings! surely it isn't that hard to find £5 ($10) for a new set of decent strings?????
ye it is, i live in Cambodia at the moment - enough said.... ordered from the web but they wont be here for at least 9 days.. consider this thread closed, i got the tip i needed..
I feel for ya. The G string is teh best string. Youd be better off with only a G string than having all but one,

When I started playing i had an old guitar with no G or D string. Teh first songs I learned were

Come as you are - Nirvana (only the main riff, no chorus sorry (E, A, only)
Blister in the sun - Violent femmes - Bass line (E, A only)
Duelling Banjos - (that creepy line from Deliverence - First part - B,e, only)

I know its a pretty sad list, but itll keep your fingers moving at least

Also, GreenDay - American idiot - or any power chord song for that matter.
Dammit - Blink 182 - main riff

D--------------------------------------------------------------
A------33-55--7-------55-7-------55-7-----------33-0--
E--------------------33----------55-------------11----------
Last edited by mullet_318 at Oct 20, 2008,