Anyone ever play Kustom amps? I just heard about them recently. How do they stack up to "all the other" amp brands out there?
I have a small Kustom hybrid amp and I love it. Sounds amazing for what I paid for it. Usually, if the practice amps are good the expensive amps are even better.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
I cant speak for all their amps. I have the coupe series and have had no problems or issues from it at all. And a friend has the little tube 12 and is very happy with it. Not sure why somebody called em krap I dont see people on the net raging about quality issues or having to send em back for repairs or needing to replace speakers and tubes first thing like some other brands.
The Kustom brand as a whole is pretty solid. Their SS amps are pretty good, and their tube amps are nice for the price. They look pretty cool too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The new Kustom Double Cross all tube amp is about to come out next month. It's made by the same guy who made the 5150. You need to check out some clips. This thing is awesome!
Kustom, IMO, is one of the most underated amp companies of all time. They make excellent products. I have never heard of any quality issues from any owners, and they sound pretty damn good.

Their SS lines are pretty solid (I personally prefer their acoustic amps to play an electric through. I do it with mine all the time and have had no ill effects), and sound very good. Their tube amps (Defender, Double Cross, 72 Coupe/36 Coupe, and others I can't remember) are great amps for the price. The cleans are very good, and the gain channels have sort of a classic rock vibe. I've never heard any Kustoms do metal though, so if you play that, I can't help you there. But they do classic rock extremely well, along with blues and regular rock/classic metal (i.e. Sabbath, Iron Maiden, etc).

There ya go. I personally reccomend the 72 Coupe. It sound good and looks good. Tuck and roll ftw
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Yeah, they are an underrated brand. Hopefully their new line of tube amps will give them a bit more exposure.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I hope so. My teacher had one of the old Kustom SS amps from like the late 60's I think he said....

That was the best sounding straight up SS I've ever heard.

TS, are you actually looking into buying a Kustom? If you are, I suggest either their hybrid series (the new ones, I think they're called Voltage or something like that) or the Defender. Clips of that sound pretty sweet.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
I hope so. My teacher had one of the old Kustom SS amps from like the late 60's I think he said....

That was the best sounding straight up SS I've ever heard.

TS, are you actually looking into buying a Kustom? If you are, I suggest either their hybrid series (the new ones, I think they're called Voltage or something like that) or the Defender. Clips of that sound pretty sweet.

High Voltage: HV30
HV65
HV100

I am considering getting one of these. I was looking at the Fender Super Champ XD, but I really really need to have something that has a headphone jack feature.
^^Eww.
They're still good amps, though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Oct 20, 2008,
Kustoms can do metal. if you tune your eq right. the manual they come with has a bunch of settings to begin with. it isnt that omg thats frickin heavy sound, but it is very good for not being a pedal that you are playing through. i am gonna pick up a hv65 soon. great amps.