I've decided that i want to replace the pickups on my epiphone les paul. I'm looking for a classic rock kinda sound, led zeppelin style. Budget is £200.
amp?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
ah yes sorry, at home i practice on an mg30 but i play at bandpractice and live on a vox ac30
anyone got any ideas, i suppose a set of jimmy page custom pickups would be a good idea lol but are there any others which work well in a les paul to play classic rock?
Led Zeppelin pre-1973 - PAF clones
Led Zeppelin 1973-on - T-top clones

PAFs have fat and warm character, T-tops have bright and clean character. Look at Bareknuckles since you're in the UK. Mules for PAF type, Riff Raff for T-top type.

Jimmy Page custom pickups are based on his Seymour Duncans which are hotter than the pickups he used when he was with Led Zeppelin.
In the UK? Definitely look into a set of Silverbacks from here:
http://rockmonkeyguitars.com/
Email Chris, or PM him on UG; his username is CorduroyEW. He can help you out with your tone and to a degree, custom one of his pickup designs so it's tailored to you. Plus, there's a 10% discount for UGers.
I think a set of Silverbacks would be perfect for the PAF tone you're looking for.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Oct 21, 2008,
Custom 5 for bridge and Jazz or 59 for neck. perfect for any kind of rock.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by forsaknazrael
In the UK? Definitely look into a set of Silverbacks from here:
http://rockmonkeyguitars.com/
Email Chris, or PM him on UG; his username is CorduroyEW. He can help you out with your tone and to a degree, custom one of his pickup designs so it's tailored to you. Plus, there's a 10% for UGers.
I think a set of Silverbacks would be perfect for the PAF tone you're looking for.

+1

no contest
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com