So I've decided I would like to buy a higher end acoustic guitar, until now I've been playing a Fender Telecoustic, which, while not necessarily a terrible guitar, is not the best. Since I'm getting into acoustic much more than I used to be I figure it may be worth buying a nice guitar. I'm in the market for something that will do well under all situations and have a nice tone, after some research I've looked at dreadnoughts and found this: http://www.takamine.com/?fa=detail&mid=137&sid=66
I rather like this and I have found a shop near me which stocks this:
http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/takamine-specialty-ef-350-csbx.aspx
They appear to be the same in everything but name, if any of you know why this is I'd greatly appreciate an explanation. I plan on trying this guitar out some time, but if any of you know if it's any good, or if there are other guitars out there in the same price range (around the 1,000 euro mark) which are better I'd love to hear about them. I've already looked at taylors and martins but I've heard that compared to takamine they aren't competitively priced. I'm looking for a guitar that will play most styles well but with more of a blues/country feel to it.

Thanks
Last edited by blynd_snyper at Oct 20, 2008,
If it's a Tak your after, I'd keep my eye out for an AN 10. I think it's one of the best values out there.
It's a discontinued model, sold for around $800.00 US. I still see em pop up for $600.00 US, so they seem to be holding their value.
Quote by fyrefly
If it's a Tak your after, I'd keep my eye out for an AN 10. I think it's one of the best values out there.
It's a discontinued model, sold for around $800.00 US. I still see em pop up for $600.00 US, so they seem to be holding their value.

I just read a review and it sounds very impressive, I'll keep my eyes open. I'm not necessarily after a Takamine exclusively, I just want a good guitar and I've heard compared to other top brands they're well priced, I would be willing to shell out more for my dream acoustic though.