Many probably have read my other "Half Stack Help" Threads but I think I have made up my mind. I think I am gonna ask a Rich relative to buy me a KRANKENSTINE for christmas. Anyone know where I can buy the Halfstack? Like both the Cab and the head all in one?
xGORILLAx
A "KRANKENSTINE" huh?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I think it's spelled Krankenstein, similar to Frankenstein.

I'm pretty sure most stores would be able to get it for you.

Are you talking about the Rev. Jr. Halfstack? The 20w head and speaker, or whatever?
You need to play a lot of amps before you make this decision. I know a lot of people who have bought this amp and regretted it. They took it back for the REV+. The REV+ I think is a better map. But for the price which is around 1500 on a good deal.. sometimes 1700 I wouldn't even mess with Krank. I'd get a 6505 for 800 NEW off an ebay store.. Plenty of them out there for that price btw and spend some cash on a new guitar or rack.
Theres plenty of places you can buy the whole stack btw. Musicians friend... I mean you just order the cab and order the head. Unless you are talking about a combo amp meaning the speakers are connected with the head in which there isnt one.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I think it's spelled Krankenstein, similar to Frankenstein.

I'm pretty sure most stores would be able to get it for you.

Are you talking about the Rev. Jr. Halfstack? The 20w head and speaker, or whatever?

It is spelled Krankenstein...

And obviously he means a Krakenstein and not a Rev. Jr since he specifically said "Krankenstine"

While the Krankenstein is based off of the Rev. it is supposed to be voiced a little differently to suit Dimebags tastes.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Well really who cares how it's spelled for one. It is much different than the REV to me. The REV is a finer amp.
Quote by hcsn2008
Well really who cares how it's spelled for one. It is much different than the REV to me. The REV is a finer amp.

in your opinion. I have the Stein+, and preferred it over the Rev+. Little more lowend punch and aggression than the Rev.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
You will want to play it first or your gonna be that typical rich kid or rich relative kid selling his gear after a week of use because he didnt like it. The Guitar shop I work out of gets so many of those amps... And they always seem to get them in when I have no money lol
Quote by hcsn2008
The REV is a finer amp.
I agree. Better sounding gain, drier and grittier sounding. Less fizz and more clarity.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Right it is my opinion. All tone is. Everyone is different. But most people I've met agree with me that the REV is a better amp. I think so too. Krank isn't the best thing for that kindof cash though. The new Kustom Double Cross is coming out. Same guy that made the 5150. It's going to be awesome next month. I believe it's going for 1500.
Quote by Van Noord
I agree. Better sounding gain, drier and grittier sounding. Less fizz and more clarity.

beat me to the punch

considering they're the same price, rev is a better purchase, imo
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Yeah, get the REV if you must get a Krank. But again it's all opinion. You should go play both of them along with other brands. Thats the only way to know for sure what you would like.
Quote by hcsn2008
Yeah, get the REV if you must get a Krank. But again it's all opinion. You should go play both of them along with other brands. Thats the only way to know for sure what you would like.

yeah, definitely opinion. I've owned both steins, and had extensive playing time on the Rev's, but preferred the Stein+ over all of them. I don't have problems with fizz or clarity, and it's a very aggressive sound. I'm surprised someone would think the rev is more gritty sounding, that wasn't my impression at all, I figured that's what someone would "not" like about the Stein actually. I like the Stein+ a lot, others may not of course, but it's something you need to hear for yourself.

Have you gotten to try the double cross yet? I know they aren't available for retail yet, but supposedly some dealers got a few to check out already. I liked their site demos, but that's all I've heard of them.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids