Hey i need some help for a school project.
I need to do a report on the conflict in northern ireland, and as a part of the assignment, i have to analyze music from bands from Ireland and Great britain, who, in some way express their point of views on th issue.
So far i've only got U2.
I desperately need help, and would appreciate it very much if the pit could help me come up with a few band/song names, which might help.

btw. genres does'nt matter.
Boyzone.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I don't think it was technically a civil war, but Cruachan are an irish band who have done songs about the troubles in Ireland.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
House of Pain
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
The troubles were NOT the civil war.

Look up bands like the dubliners and the wolfe tones
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by westberry
Hootie and the Blowfish

Are you high or something?

And don't do U2, they're too obvious.
Quote by handbanana
Stiff Little Fingers.

EDIT: Also, the troubles were not a Civil War. Learn some facts.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I might be way off the mark but there are Irish rebel bands you can listen to like Shebeen, Charlie and the Bhoys, The Wolfe tones etc..
Bass Player
Quote by ZZander20
try flogging molly. some of their stuff covers the troubles

They're not Irish.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
really you want some old football chants for this, i know, i live in a deeply sectarian area of belfast and they would be your best bet
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Dropkick Murphys
Quote by handbanana
Sorry for clling it a civil war :-(

thx for al the suggestions, i'll look into it.
I also need sugestions for a few UK bands, who's made music about the troubles in norhern ireland.
The boomtown rats also had a few songs about it I think.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
an incredibly quick google search brought this up. Maybe you should put a bit more effort into your research?

linky
didn't stormtroopers of death write a song about the religious in-fighting in ireland?
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
The Undertones

Although deviating from political commentary throughout most of the early part of the career(seeing concerts etc as an escape from that for themselves and their friends) they did make commentary in albums released in the early 80s...

Specifically

"Its Going To Happen" - Talks about the history of hunger strikes in Ireland, the line 'until they change their mind' refers to the British Government. This song was performed live on TV the day Bobby Sands died, guitarist Damian O'Neil wore a black armband and has later worried it could have alienated protestant fans.

Also 'Crisis Of Mine' - written by John O'Neill talks about wanting to say something of the events going on but finding it difficult.
Look too at the O'Neil's brothers next band That Petrol Emotion, they had a single sleeve banned by BBC Radio 1 for including a quote connected to Gerry Adams on their single sleeve,

There ye go, potted history.

Good luck
Civil war =/= troubles
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
The Megadeth song "Holy Wars" is about the North/South conflict. You probably couldnt use it in your project tho coz they aren't Irish.
Stiff little fingers hav a few songs about this subject, let me describe to you what happened, this is coming from a northern irish (ulster) man...

About 20 years ago, the huns and the taigs started fighting about something that ws most likely over football (or a debate whether Ireland should be part of the UK or not) so they started petrol bombing eachother -
the end result was that they just went seperate ways and ireland is now seperated in two. Northern ireland ( which is part of the UK ) and the Republic of ireland ( which is not )

All in all it was just another drunken night for the people of Belfast
Current favourite bands:
METALLICA
MASTODON
NILE
Quote by trivium036
Stiff little fingers hav a few songs about this subject, let me describe to you what happened, this is coming from a northern irish (ulster) man...

About 20 years ago, the huns and the taigs started fighting about something that ws most likely over football (or a debate whether Ireland should be part of the UK or not) so they started petrol bombing eachother -
the end result was that they just went seperate ways and ireland is now seperated in two. Northern ireland ( which is part of the UK ) and the Republic of ireland ( which is not )

-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Westlife and Geldof are irish.

also one of my old science teachers was involved in the fighting.

funny story he told me, but not on topic.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
The Wolfe tones
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by trivium036

You're not serious, are you?
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
The Wolfe Tones.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
You're not serious, are you?

yes indeedy i am
Current favourite bands:
METALLICA
MASTODON
NILE
Stiff little fingers sing against both sides of the conflict if you want a punk example.

Theres thousands upon thousands of republican songs out there, just check out Irish Rebel songs. come on ye Black 'n' tans is probably the most famous of them.

Loyalist music isnt quite so popular, and its more connected with the white noize and british nationalist scene.

Here's a particularly famous ballad about the troubles http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tzg0R7DcESM&feature=related
i wish that i could give you some bands that talk about the troubles, but i don't have any.

I can give you a lot of amazing traditional gaelic music groups, though. im listening to one now.
Quote by DanRev

Theres thousands upon thousands of republican songs out there, just check out Irish Rebel songs. come on ye Black 'n' tans is probably the most famous of them.

It's come OUT ye black and tans
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
bollocks my mistake, havent listened to the stuff in years so my memory is a bit creaky
Quote by wiliscool
Dropkick Murphys
THIS!!! they may be from Massachusetts but alot of their songs are about their Irish roots
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000