I just bought an SWR Goliath Jr. III. The Tweeter is really hissy. When i turn down the treble on my bass' active eq the hissing sort of goes away, and the only other way the hissing went away is if i turned the knob on the back pretty much all the way down.

Is this a problem that can be fixed or do i just have to deal with it the way i have been if nothing can be done about it.

I'm not really familiar with tweeters.
Just turn it off. i find most tweeters are hissy if you boost the treble a lot.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
It's signal noise. If you have the gain on a PA system up too much then turn on a noisy pedal, you'll hear the same thing. In this case, your bass is creating noise. Your amp is just accurately reproducing it.
i think those cabs have an attenuator specifically for the tweeter. you can cut out a lot of its signal if you find its sound a bit offensive.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Yeah, SWR/Fender cabs should have a 'horn volume' knob on the back of the cab. Typically, cranking the horn will yield too harsh a tone. Try turning it to half-way and see how you like it.

I wish my cab had a horn volume...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
If you boost the treble on your amp or Bass if it's active watch out for feedback through the tweeter/horn when facing the cab close up; they blow very easy.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
They do, but that said, most modern bass cabs (namely Fender/SWR) have fuses for the tweeters. I blew about 5 when I had my Bassman (damn piezo!)
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
the guitarstore guy told me it was hissy because my active pick-ups were noisy >.>
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
All the tweeter is doing is amplifying the signal past a crossover point, so the salesman isn't 'wrong'... again, just the level is too high. Speakers hiss when the level is too high too.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by Neo Evil11
the guitarstore guy told me it was hissy because my active pick-ups were noisy >.>

Without knowing the spec it is possible that your tweeter is coming in at around 3.5Khz therefore all it will reproduce after crossover is hiss and the tinkle/zing from your roundwounds if you have the tweer turned on full or your treble boosted.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn