Ok, so as someone is bound to have noticed, I'm searching for a new bass, and I'm kinda indecisive. Here are the things I'm thinking of:

1) Squier VM Precision Bass (279.99)
2) Epiphone Thunderbird IV (100) <-(I'm not so sure about this one, i still have to try it out)
3) Fender 70's Jazz Bass (699.99)

To get money for the fender, I'd have to sell my Wii (for about 250), get christmas money (about 200) and wait till my birthday in march (another 250). My question is: should I wait for 5 months to get the Fender, or would I be ok just getting a cheaper bass? I'm looking for something that'll last longer, so I'm leaning towards the Fender. What do you guys think?
If you have a bass at the moment i would suggest sticking with that untill you can afford the fender.
I agree with badgerific. If you have a bass already, stick with that. Getting a Squier or a Epiphone Thunderbird isn't really much of an upgrade. Just stick it out untill you have the $700 for the Fender Jazz.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
I'd like to know who would buy a used wii for the price of a new one
Jsmlw, I'm sure he would be selling all the stuff he has with it aswell such as games, controllers, charging bay.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by CNC-Digity
Jsmlw, I'm sure he would be selling all the stuff he has with it aswell such as games, controllers, charging bay.

Oh, right of course qltm
as off topic as this is, yeah, im selling the wii, the controller, SSBB, an assload of gamecube games, a gamecube controller, a gamecube memory card, and it has about 10 virtual console games downloaded on it.

on topic: thanks for the advice. I probably will wait and try to find a good J-bass.
You know, I found my J-Bass used at Guitar Center for just $230, its a standard, not 70's, but its still a Jazz bass. So if you want one now and be able to afford it, check online for used ones.
If that's the 70's jazz with the awesome binding on the neck, I'd go for that. One sexy bass right there.

Oh, and I think you should ask yourself exactly WHY that thunderbird is only 100.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
hahaha, yeah. im sure i'll save till i can get something nicer. and maybe i can sell my current ibanez GSR100 to my other friend and get some more money.

oh, and nice avatar, Jonn0.
Quote by jeburke
hahaha, yeah. im sure i'll save till i can get something nicer. and maybe i can sell my current ibanez GSR100 to my other friend and get some more money.

oh, and nice avatar, Jonn0.

Thanks, hoping people will eventauly recognise my avatar and sig.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.