Is this a good laptop for the price? If not, help me find one that is!

I'm trying to find a laptop for my mom that will last her a good long time. However, I know little about laptops, and what I know about desktops is year old information (built a computer this Jan.). I have no idea what processor is better than the other even within Intel Core 2 Duos. Also, I don't know if any brand has particularly better physical build quality.

She basically wants a computer for non-gaming, non-visual works use. Email, internet, running a shit-load of processes at the same time like she likes to do (Word, Excel, Streaming music, and a bunch of other crap - she uses her computer for work after all). She just wants something good that will last her as long as possible. That's why I figured around $700 would be a good price-point.

And hell, if I can get my Counter-Strike on with it while oot and aboot, I won't hate!

So can you helps me and my mom, pit? It would be well appreciated. Perhaps I'd even post nudes of the computer once we got it.

Thanks!
yes $700 is a good price.

dell.com

or you could look at all the other laptop threads
In heaven, all interesting people are absent.
More importantly, pics of your mother or she didn't happen.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
Quote by J-B
More importantly, pics of your mother or she didn't happen.

How about pics of me to prove she did in fact happen, because I happened?

EDIT:

Quote by daytripper75

That's got some great specs to it. That AMD is basically like an Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.0GHz I suppose?
Last edited by Habit Zero at Oct 20, 2008,