i just ordered a Boss CS-3 Compressor and recieved it today. My setup now is a 65 watt Crate Solid-state amp (i forget the model), a American Stratocaster, and some pedals. I didin't have all the pedals hooked up. But, for overdrive i have a Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver, which i love and a Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay. I play blues and country and i plan on getting a fender tube amp like the '65 Twin Reverb or the Hot Rod Deville 212. I am not sure if i like the CS-3 Compressor Pedal or not. My main purpose of the pedal was to combine it with the AD-9 delay pedal and get that slapback, "chicken picking" sound thats in country. I also wanted to use it as a compressor when playing blues. I am trying to achieve a Stevie Ray Vaughn style sound. I was able to get some sounds i liked out of it. I don't know if its the wrong compressor for what im trying to do or if i just need to tweak with the adjustment knobs on it and on the amp. How should i adjust it for what im trying to do. But, i was reading reviews and it kinda scared me when people said its aweful with a tube amp and i am getting a tube amp. And one said its artificial sounding. I don't know. I kinda like it but i kinda don't. But, maybe i just have to adjust the knobs right. I don't really know what they do or mean.
i used to have the blues driver and compressor and they sounded great together so yeah the only bad thing was buzzing sometimes but yeah i could get a really bluesy sound out of that
I don't like my CS-3 very much at all, it squishes too much and takes away too much tone. I can see why you want it for chicken picking but I have no idea why you would want one for blues. Blues is about dynamics and expression, and compression takes away dynamics.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Actually, i was just tweaking with the settings and i love it! I had the sustain up to high before. I find it best around 2 o clock. Adjust the settings on this and adjust the settings when using the blues driver and the buzzing is not a issue. I only find it too squashed when the sustain is up anywhere past 2 o clock. The level i keep at 12 o clock or lower cause my bluesdriver is my gain pedal.