Hey folks. I've got a Squier Affinity Strat. I know, I know, lame. But for now all I can afford. Anyway, I'm going to get it set up for heavier guage strings. I've got a couple questions. 1: How much will it cost? 2. Will there be a considerable sound difference between 10's and 11's? I'm trying to decide what to get it set up for.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
1) it's gonna cost you the price of the string
2) from 10 to 11, i didn't hear THAT much of a difference..... i did when i went from 8 to 11
when your bridge lifts up a bit, dont freak, just flip over the guitar and tighten the two screws in the back trem cavity.

also swap one string at a time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by dagurime
2) from 10 to 11, i didn't hear THAT much of a difference..... i did when i went from 8 to 11

Well I'm not switching from 10's to 11's. I'm switching from 9's to a higher guage. I'm trying to decide what to do though, if I should get the fuller sound of the 11's or sacrifice a little tone for the playability of the lighter strings.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Ok first off. Theres nothing wrong with a squire to start on. They are good beginner guitars which is what they were made for.

Ok on to your question.
What gauge strings are you using now? If its just tens you prolly wont see any difference going up to elevens. You shouldn't even have to adjust the tremolo screws. But any higher i would adjust just a bit.
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
Quote by Cagney1990
Ok first off. Theres nothing wrong with a squire to start on. They are good beginner guitars which is what they were made for.

Ok on to your question.
What gauge strings are you using now? If its just tens you prolly wont see any difference going up to elevens. You shouldn't even have to adjust the tremolo screws. But any higher i would adjust just a bit.

I'm using 9's right now. So the most difference would be going to 11's? I know for a fact I use 12's on my acoustic so that might be a bit heavy but I'm not sure what to think.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray