So Ive decided to take my guitar to Uni however I originally thought about plugging the guitar into my Line In port in the back of my pc however it seems really quiet through my speakers. Ive tried everything to make it work properly but I was just wondering whether there is any programs I could download that will help.
Wouldnt mind if it allowed me to properly record too instead of simply using the my built in recorder with Windows.
Cheers for any help.
Last.fm

Ibanez S470
Orange Crush 30r
Zoom GFX-3
well, of course it's quiet, it's not amplified. M-Audio makes some programs and doo-hickeys that plug into a USB and have a guitar jack. I have a JamLab, which isn't great, but it's easy and fairly cheap. or you can go to the hock shop and get a half-decent solid state for $40-50 that fits neatly in the corner. Also, how did you get your 14" guitar cord into an 1/8" Line In jack?
i used a Pocket Pod plugged into the Line In port on my pc's in-built sound card. sounds fantastic and you can record with any program - cubase, audacity etc etc.

pm me if you've got any probs setting it up!
Why don't you find a version of Acid Pro online to record with...im sure you could get a copy somewhere...not saying download it illegally...but i mean...bit torrent...thats all i gotta say
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
listen to this. If you want cheap, never use sound recorder, and download Audacity. It is free, and will give you decent recordings. Plug into the line in, make sure audacity is on, and play.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
You have nothing amplifying the input level. I use an external soundcard with built in preamp and boost my sound by about +11db.

I'm pretty sure you can get some software that will digitally amplify the incoming signal.
Try riffs and recording forum. Some Cakewalk product or plug in might be a go.
Si
before i suggest riffs and recording i will say this :

i use a boss br8 multi FX and digital recorder as a "preamp" which will boost the signal

then i run that into a M-Audio Mobile preusb (i dunno if they make'em anymore, but they have firewire versions of the same card for $199)

and it does me quite well. i use acid 6.0 for recording. i believe if you browse Sonys website somewhere on there they offer 3.0 full for download for free.

that being said, you'll get much much much better advice in the riffs/recording forum. they have stickies with tons of suggestions.
Quote by s24476
Also, how did you get your 14" guitar cord into an 1/8" Line In jack?

Well I used an adapter I found lying about near my amp and music gear back at home.

Quote by Heaven Help Us
Why don't you find a version of Acid Pro online to record with...im sure you could get a copy somewhere...not saying download it illegally...but i mean...bit torrent...thats all i gotta say

Trust me I would of downloaded something by now if I could but because Im on the Uni Internet, if I get caught using over a certain amount of bandwidth I get my internet taken off me. Its happened to 3 people already that were downloading.

Well, Im looking for a either a program or hardware that will allow me to play my guitar + multi-effects pedal through my PC speakers. Maybe even jst getting an adapter for the 1/8" Line In jack to a normal sized guitar lead jack. Im sure I could find some lying about in shops and stuff in town but this wouldnt solve my recording problem and the volume problem as Im still running it solely through the speakers and effects pedal.

Thanks for all your help btw guys, Il take your advice and probably post in the Riffs/Recording Section.
Last.fm

Ibanez S470
Orange Crush 30r
Zoom GFX-3