I know for a fact that when I have an energy drink, that I can play the guitar faster and cleaner. Is it a good idea to drink an energy drink and then practice guitar? Will it help me play better?
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Haven't you just answered your own question? As long as you don't mind the fact that energy drinks give you AIDS.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I dunno, i only ever Drink water for 2 hrs before a performance, nothing but water, helps me sing better

yes, plain ordinary water, and only a tiny amount of heroin mixed in
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
the downside is that you might start depending on energy drinks to play well. also you'd start needing more of it play as well and eventually get started with crystal meth...
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by Chubbychunks
Energy drinks have like no effect on me. Am I alone?

They don't do jack to me.
Except the only time I drank one (a monster) I was sick and went to bed early, so who knows. I've been drinking pop forever so I probably have an insane caffeine tolerance.
Quote by Chubbychunks

I said the same thing today to my friend who bought 2 cans of relentless for about £2.40.

It's bullshit, placebo or something.

Whatever it is it's a rip-off and whoever came up with that idea is rolling in it now.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by texico11
I have to agree there, no difference whatsoever, but shit, they tastes nice, that's why I drink em

Same...At least I don't think they affect me.

*left eye twitches slightly*
It depends if you're drinking an Isotonic, Hypotonic or Hypertonic drink and how dehydrated/drained you are.
Quote by guitar4life24
I know for a fact that when I have an energy drink, that I can play the guitar faster and cleaner. Is it a good idea to drink an energy drink and then practice guitar? Will it help me play better?

I seriously doubt that a drink makes you a "better" player

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I used to do it for my death metal band (i left), I'd come in with a hangover and not wanting to play. Soon as I have a can of the stuff I'm shredding like Yngwie
I find that I can play amazingly if I have a bottle of apple Lucozade before I play
ohai little sig.
well you might wanna start not drinking them and practicing so your not depending on that to make you good. and if you sing a good thing to relax your vocals is room temperature with a little cinnamon and honey sounds bout half retarded but it is quite helpful.
Its your body, I don't think anyone here honestly cares.

I avoid addiction where I can, but it comes looking for my and I'm always available
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
your a dumb**** if you think drinking red bull or whatever makes you a better guitarist
I don't drink energy drinks, except for soda but it has no effect on me. If I wanted to play better than I'll just warm-up before I play.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Yea I recently was practicing with my band and I first drank a red bull wich doesent have a mojor affect on me because I drink them so much so I think my body is adjust to them a little bit or somthing but yea anyways after I did that I started drinking water and I seemed to be alot more focused and it actually did feel like I was playing a little better. So yea I guess at practice you should either take some addoral or drink a red bull and some water to Hydrate you.
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Its a stimulant. It makes you feel gooooooooooooood.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by Chubbychunks

Nope. Least I'm not dependent or anything.

... >_>
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
I'll never be able to find out if energy drinks make me a better player. I have a heart condition, and one of the things this condition entails is a super-sensitivity to caffeine. Meaning if I have even one Mountain Dew, I'm gonna die. Literally.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
I'll never be able to find out if energy drinks make me a better player. I have a heart condition, and one of the things this condition entails is a super-sensitivity to caffeine. Meaning if I have even one Mountain Dew, I'm gonna die. Literally.

Make your own then
you know what else helps? Not taking your Ritalin when practising shredding. The term "Your mind is going faster than your hands" gets thrown out the window because you'll probably be thinking about tree-monkey's while playing some next level Sweep-picking arpeggio solo.