So, my question is: which is better for my playing style? The Valveking 112 or the Windsor Studio? I play from blues to metal on an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and I'd prefer to buy new.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by mcrfobtai
The Valveking is more versitile but I like the sound of the Peavey better.

There both Peavey's.

but we know what you meant.

Edit: We have quite a few metal clips on the first page of The Valveking Thread. Never played a Windsor.

Are you strictly down to those two amps?

what kind of metal?

??
the windsor has el34's so it's voiced for marshall like tones

the valveking has 6L6's which have an american tone like a mesa or more expensive peavey

personally i would go with the valveking if you look in the valveking thread theres lots of helpful info there, it can do blues and with a few simple mods and an OD you can get a pretty decent metal tone.
Of the two I prefer the VK. But you are supposed to be able to change the type of tubes you run in the Winsdor and I only tried it with the stock EL84's, Edit or 34's whichever, so I don' t know what I would think of it with a different type of tube.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
If you have money left over after buying an amp, buy the VK. Then just upgrade it(replace speakers, tubes. etc.) Go to the VK thread.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
There both Peavey's.

but we know what you meant.

Edit: We have quite a few metal clips on the first page of The Valveking Thread. Never played a Windsor.

Are you strictly down to those two amps?

what kind of metal?

??

Alright: I like the tone of those two amps having played them. I play up to Machine head style metal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
As a lot of people will say : Don't bother buying a VK to upgrade. By the time you buy new speakers, tubes, etc, you could have afforded a better amp.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
which amp tho?

it doesn't have to have new tubes out of the gate...always just recommend changing them at normal intervals.

Speaker - yes. If you shop right you can find a new speaker for $65 - $80 new.

Valveking = $400
Speaker = $75
Dummy Jack = $2
Total = $477

Still not a bad deal and not a bad amp. Reliable too. It is still a low end tube amp, I won't say it is not.
Alright, so VK it is, I guess.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
well....don't do it 'cause some of us recommended it. Can you go play some amps somewhere?

have you checked out some of the clips on page 1 of Vk thread? Check used too.

I'm not trying to talk you out of it, I think you'll like it but broaden your selection process, is all I'm sayin'.
Meh I like them both, I've just never had the chance to play them side by side at appreciable volumes.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden