my friends uncle has a Gibson Les Paul custom from the mid 70's that has had a broken neck and most of the original parts are gone. Its in pretty good shape with no dings or scratches that go through to the wood and it has nice level frets, it still plays pretty well I'm thinking about maybe buying it but don't wanna get ripped off. What's a fair price to offer?
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
How can you play it with a broken neck?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
It's had a broken neck which was repaired. Thought that would be obvious after stating it plays well still
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
if it had a broken neck and is "fixed" I still wouldnt buy it

thats like buying a car with a frame that was broke/cracked but was fixed....not a good call

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Didn't Slash play a Les Paul with a broken neck for a while? It is plays well and you like it, then buy. Maybe get someone you know to check it out who knows more about that stuff?
Don't have any pics of it. Yeah slash broke what I'm pretty sure was his number one at the time and had it fixed, says he still plays it and claims it sounds as good as it ever did.

What an appropriate offer for this? He want's $1100 but that seems steep to me.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
what sort of parts does it have now?
generally any modification to a guitar from the stock hardware seems to drop the price a small amount, i hear some ppl that pay to have a guitar put back to stock before selling it

though, its how it plays, but its worth haggling and then decide, at the end of the day a guitar is a guitar
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by pinksalmon
Don't have any pics of it. Yeah slash broke what I'm pretty sure was his number one at the time and had it fixed, says he still plays it and claims it sounds as good as it ever did.

What an appropriate offer for this? He want's $1100 but that seems steep to me.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if it is that good of a buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mid-70s-Gibson-Les-Paul-DeLuxe-Tobacco-Sunburst_W0QQitemZ150302602626QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150302602626&_trkparms=72%3A1205|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

There is a mid 70's les paul in good condition and your guy wants half of this??? I would ask him lower, maybe 7 or 8 hundred.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
the obvious changes were the tuners were exchanged for sperzel locking tuners and the pick ups exchanged for seymour duncans. Which are argue-ably better than stock parts. It's been rewired and I m not sure if all the original pots and caps are still in it.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
LPs, especially older ones, are supposed to be notorious for having easily broken necks. King Buzzo from The Melvins had his LP customs neck break like half a dozen times, and the headstock 5 or 6 other times, it's been repaired, and it's still his main guitar. Slash broke several les paul necks doing mock divebombs, yet he got em repaired and still uses them, and the sing from Baroness (John Baizley?) has a 3 pickup model from the 70s that's had it's neck and headstock broken, but repaired, and it's his main guitar.

I'd say maybe like a grand, or 1.5 grand MAX since you don't know how good of a job was done with it.