Poll: Who was/is Ozzy's best guitarist?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who was/is Ozzy's best guitarist?
Randy Rhoads
23 88%
Zakk Wylde
3 12%
Voters: 26.
Hey, i was wondering if any of you guys can help. im used to the average combo amp, but i am moving up to a 2x12 set of speakers. my question is this. If you have a combo amp that has a headphone jack, can u use it with a set of 2x12's? or can you even just send your pedals straight to the speakers? please help me by answering my questions.
If your combo has a line out or external speaker jack then you can add the speakers to your amp. If not then you cant, i highly suggest against running it out of the headphone jack. What amplifier do you have?
Quote by Chaosinborn
If your combo has a line out or external speaker jack then you can add the speakers to your amp. If not then you cant, i highly suggest against running it out of the headphone jack. What amplifier do you have?

I am really just shopping for amps right now. the reason i asked is because i found that you save about 100 bucks by combining a combo amp and the speakers the way you said. i just didn't know how. do you know any particular amps of a fair price that has a line out or external speaker jack?
Quote by Roc8995
Something's not quite adding up here. What amps are you looking at?

I know, i keep confusing myself. okay, i am really diggin' some of the crate 1x12 and 2x12 combo's, that are on sale at most of the online music stores for under $200. however, i found a set of crate 2x12 Speakers by themselves, for $120. i am on a tight budget, and i want to find an amp with a compatible output jack.
Hey also, nobody has addressed the question i asked about the pedals. Can't you just hook your f/x pedals straight to the speakers?
Again, show me the specific amps you're looking for. It sounds like you're trying to buy a cab and use it as an amp, which you can't do.

And please delete the poll. It's irrelevant to this discussion.
Quit bumping.

You need to hook the pedals into your amp head, they don't go in the speakers.

I don't know if you can power external speakers through a headphone jack, it's not something I'd try to do.
Quote by pak1351
Quit bumping.

I don't know if you can power external speakers through a headphone jack, it's not something I'd try to do.

U are not understanding what i am saying. i cannot afford an amp head. that is why i started this forum
You either need a head plus a cab, or a combo. You cannot use just a cab.
Quote by Roc8995
You either need a head plus a cab, or a combo. You cannot use just a cab.

I forgot what the specific name for this amp is, but it is a small practice amp by crate up for sale for about $99. It specificly says in the details at guitarcenter.com that it has an external output jack for a cab. BOOYAH!!!
Quote by 1201ZJ
I forgot what the specific name for this amp is, but it is a small practice amp by crate up for sale for about $99. It specificly says in the details at guitarcenter.com that it has an external output jack for a cab. BOOYAH!!!

that's not gonna sound too hot.

Also, i'm pretty sure a line out doesn't drive a cab??
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Colin, you have the patience of a saint.

TS, Look for an EXTERNAL SPEAKER JACK on the amp you want to buy. NOTHING ELSE WILL MAKE EXTRA SPEAKERS WORK.

Good Luck
About the pedals: Run the pedals to the input of your combo/head amp, not from the combo/head to the cab.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Hey, i was wondering if any of you guys can help. im used to the average combo amp, but i am moving up to a 2x12 set of speakers. my question is this. If you have a combo amp that has a headphone jack, can u use it with a set of 2x12's? or can you even just send your pedals straight to the speakers? please help me by answering my questions.

Quote by pak1351

Quote by 1201ZJ
U are not understanding what i am saying. i cannot afford an amp head. that is why i started this forum

Just leave.
Just spare yourself confusion and buy a combo.
Forget the cab.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by 1201ZJ

For a guy asking other people to waste their time answering his incredibly stupid questions, you sure are making it a point to come off like a dick.
Sorry i even opened this thread, i got i a little carried away. However, i found a combo by crate, the v18 2x12 for $200 + $10 shipping at this place called brasswind.com - just to let you guys know.
Quote by th3yn3v3rsl33p
For a guy asking other people to waste their time answering his incredibly stupid questions, you sure are making it a point to come off like a dick.

Dude lay off the dope.
1.go to musiciansfriend
2.realize that that crate 2x12 is 119 new
3.man up and buy a head & cab or get a combo
4. realize you can get a crate head for 179 and a cab for 119, thats 298 if your wondering
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene