Hey guys,

as some of you may or not may not have known I was looking for one of the Randy Rhoads V shaped guitars (bottom of the range) which I could use some spare pickups and an original floyd rose on. However, I've recently sold that gear off, but still want to get a Randy V as I think they just look awesome.....

So this brings me to my question, how are the Kramer Vanguards? I was looking at getting the model with the Floyd (I do know how to use one, I've had them before) and just wanted some opinions......

My other question is this, how do you store a guitar this shape? Obviously it won't go on a normal stand and as it's a rented house I can't drill the wall to put a hanger up...anyone got any insight?

Cheers

EDIT: Also, if there are any other similar guitars which I can pick up cheap what would you reccomend? How does the Jackson JS30RR compare?
Last edited by idiotbox919 at Oct 20, 2008,
The only part I can help with is storage- you can get guitar stands that hold the guitar by the headstock that way you never have to worry about your beloved V wings touching the ground

Personally I'd stay away from the JS series Jacksons (and thats coming from a guy who owns a couple Jacksons...X series and MG series) unless you arent looking for anything special. They're definitely beginner guitars.

Good luck!
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
If you recommend avoiding the JS series, then how is the rr3 to play? I could stretch to one of them!

Oh and just so everyone knows, I play mainly metal of the Children of Bodom, Lamb of God etc. variety
I own an RR3 and it's amazing imo
Very comfortable and easy to play, even when sitting
The LFR on it is also one of the best LFRs I've ever used, no matter what I do to it, it will not go out of tune
ohai little sig.
So, I'm taking that to mean that you would recommend the rr3 over anything else then?

Plus, there seem to be quite a few going cheap on eBay, which is always a plus!
RR3 is definitely worth a looksee! Im personally starting to steer away from metal, but there was a time when the RR3 was going to be my next guitar.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"