Page 1 of 2
Some guy asked about GPA, and to make him feel even better about himself, I decided to ask about SAT scores.
I'm talking the new SAT
If you took the old, divide your score by two, and add that number to your original score.

out of 2400 what did YOU get

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by maggot9779
SATs? As in primary school tests? I really don't remember.

US national high school standard test for college entrance.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
what? you dont believe me?
i got proof...
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
liek ovar 9000...

:\ I was a little dissappointed. I could've done better than that.
Haven't taken it yet, seeing that im a freshman, but we took an ACT prep test and i got a 24 out of 25.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
Haven't taken it yet, seeing that im a freshman, but we took an ACT prep test and i got a 24 out of 25.

I got a 32 on the ACT, and i wish i had retaken it

I got 2050 on the SAT my sophmore year and never looked back haha.
Quote by I-Watch-Anime

now imagine that test for 5 hours straight in a freezing cold room about 5 times harder
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Ill know in 3 days...
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by jpgilbert701
Ill know in 3 days...

Aye!
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Quote by justinb904
now imagine that test for 5 hours straight in a freezing cold room about 5 times harder

The test was about 5 hours. And 5 time harder wouldn't be much of a step up. That test was easy, yet these "oh, its just a sample test, i dont need to pass it" idiots still got 11-16. I was proud i got 24 though
When all else fails, ask the pit.
uh 780 math 620 verbal 7 years ago. i guess thats a.... 2100 according to the new way?
1730, ill have the new results in 3 days. Hopefully I did alot better.

1130 for the two pats colleges even give a shit about.
Quote by marktuazon
why is everyone on UG so smart?

1. Yes. Eighteen posts. Clearly an accurate sample of the 1,000,000+ users.
2. We've got +25 Internet Connections of Egocentricity.
I got a 1980, but I wasn't feeling good when I took it. I'm not paying $40 to take it again though, I'm satisfied with my score.
1880. I think either a lot of the answers in this thread are bull, or people with low scores aren't posting.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)

**** you Columbia. I'm still bitter that they rejected me when my dad is an alum...haha.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by captaincrunk

If you took the old, divide your score by two, and add that number to your original score.

That's hardly a very accurate conversion, just list your 1600 scale score.

I got a 211 on the PSAT, then a 1910 on the SAT...so I was a bit disappointed. I know the PSAT is easier than the actual SAT, but I had taken a few full practice tests and hadn't scored as low as 1910. I just took the October test and I'm still waiting for the results.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
is the SAT really that hard? i also heard most colleges in the states don't even look at SAT's anymore.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
is the SAT really that hard? i also heard most colleges in the states don't even look at SAT's anymore.

You heard wrong.

SAT, if not considering academic intelligence, is still a rigorous test in mental endurance. And how difficult it is to each person varies depending on his level and method of preparedness, and overall intelligence.

And most colleges do look at SAT and it's always the top priority in consideration next to GPA and ranking.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I got a 7 in English and EPs in maths and science

I don't think they have a level above 8 now
Quote by funkbass369

I rode my SAT score into college. They definitely look at it. I could have gone to any college in the country based solely on my SAT, and most would have paid me to do so. Unfortunately, I chose to stay close to home and dicked around too much, and I am now at junior college for another year until I get my act together.

Edit: To answer the question, no, the SAT isn't that hard. I also doubt that an average SAT is going to keep you out of college if you performed well in high school otherwise.
Last edited by Dr.JBone at Oct 20, 2008,
I got a 1390 on the old one.

I guess through your method TS, it would be a 2085.
Quote by mrinal24
2390. I took it junior year.

Yeah... ok....
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by captaincrunk
I got a 32 on the ACT, and i wish i had retaken it

I got 2050 on the SAT my sophmore year and never looked back haha.

haha, I got a 27 on the ACT and was satisfied. I only took it once, at the last available test time before enrollment for this fall. Procrastination much? I did horribly on math and science, but I got a 33 and 32 on the grammar and reading comprehension parts (I don't remember exactly what they were called) so I got a credit for English 101 at college (wooo!).

I never took the SAT.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Honestly I just decided to go in and wing it without wasting my time studying or anything...

ended up with a 2030... not bad at all. Decided I'd save myself some money and not take it again.

Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
That's hardly a very accurate conversion, just list your 1600 scale score.

Actually it is. The old one is on a scale of 1600, and the new one is out of 2400. The new one has 150% the point value of the old one, therefore adding 50% of the score on the old one would give you your results on the scale of the new one.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
Last edited by uberphreak at Oct 20, 2008,
I got a 2110 when I took it. It was the exact same score as my brother...but he took it twice, and I only took it once. So I assume I'm smarter than him.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
2140 the first time I took it last year...

I'm taking it again in November since I have to match my PSAT scores. I'm a National Merit Semifinalist so I guess they need me to verify my score as skill rather than luck. I don't think I'll be able to match it though; I got a 229 on my PSAT's, which is really fucking high, and I highly doubt I can pull a 2290 on my SAT's.

edit: On just math and reading I got a 1470, is that helps.
Math - 750
Reading - 720
Writing - 670
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Page 1 of 2