so i made another topic about the screws on my bass' saddle not working, but I finally fixed that. now i keep trying to move the saddle screws up and down to adjust the intonation but I'm getting no change in sound. I'm trying to match up the 12th fret and the 12th fret harmonic by the way
the saddle screws i think you are talking about are raising and lowering the action, the height of the strings from the neck. what you want to do is use the screws that are horizontal to move the string side to side.

what this does is lengthen and shorten the whole length of the string on the guitar
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
the saddle screws i think you are talking about are raising and lowering the action, the height of the strings from the neck. what you want to do is use the screws that are horizontal to move the string side to side.

what this does is lengthen and shorten the whole length of the string on the guitar

yeah I should have specified, but the screws I'm using are the ones that run parallel to the actual guitar body. I've already adjusted the action
You wanna match the 12th fret with the tuner, not with the harmonic. Play an open E. make sure it is in tune. Then play the E on the octave, then adjust the intonation accordingly, i cant remember what direction sharpens it, but you will find out pretty quickly.
Lengthening the effective length of the string will make the fretted note flatter, shortening sharper.