ive been playing for quite a while now and ive noticed theres not a lot of solos that i can play and my own improvised solos usually sound on and off on random days. im also suffering from coming up with a lick and not ever being able to play at again the next day. does any one know know any good songs with lead parts for beginners/ intermediate players? just to let you know my playing level i can play the 1st solo in dread & the fugitive mind by megadeth and the lead guitar in go with the flow by queens of the stone age, there might be more but i cant remember right now. so any good recommendations? and dont say scales cause i already know a couple.
Fade to black Solo that was my first.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Metallica- enter sandman, unforgiven, sad but true, one

Find someone else who can play rythem to write licks, and you play lead. If either of you comes up with something, write the main parts down in a tab, and then fill in the blanks on other stuff that you want to throw in there.
Allman Brothers "Blue Sky".
Got my mojo workin' but it just don't work on you.
Sweet Child O Mine-gn'R
Enter Sandman-Metallica
Stairway to heaven-zeppelin
all along the watchtower-hendrix
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

the solo's to:
you shook me all night long
nothing else matters
and i really like the solo to joker and the thief
just it's different in a way
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Quote by shk89
ive been playing for quite a while now and ive noticed theres not a lot of solos that i can play and my own improvised solos usually sound on and off on random days. im also suffering from coming up with a lick and not ever being able to play at again the next day. does any one know know any good songs with lead parts for beginners/ intermediate players? just to let you know my playing level i can play the 1st solo in dread & the fugitive mind by megadeth and the lead guitar in go with the flow by queens of the stone age, there might be more but i cant remember right now. so any good recommendations? and dont say scales cause i already know a couple.

You probably don't, learning a pattern is not "learning a scale", it's just the start - read the Crusade articles by Josh Urban in the columns section.

If you can't remember things there's a simple solution - record them. You don't even have to record things properly. Eddie Van Halen used to sing his riffs into a hand-held tape recorder if he got struck with inspiration late at night - he'd hide in the wardrobe so as not to disturb his wife!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
try Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen and Comfortably Numb first solo by Pink Floyd.
My Gear:

Cort G254 (I hope it will be change to Levinson Blade standard pro soon)
Roland Cube 30X

MI Audio Crunch Box
Voodoo Lab Superfuzz
Boss DS1 (As booster to the crunch box)
And my own build Pedalboard.
smells like teen spirit
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom