I admit I havent done much research here, but my theory is still weak, wondering if any of you could help me out here.

In this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTN3gKcT1CI

He mentions three shapes: Aminor, Bminor (I cant understand him) flat 5, and second inversion of Emajor.

This is where i get frustrated; I can play licks like this up to speed, but I cant for shit figure out how to derive the shapes myself.

Any advice here? Though I cant understand what he says between Bminor and flat 5, if it was just Bminor flat 5 would that mean you play a normal Bminor arp with the 5th note flat (one 1/2 step down or a whole I dont know..)?

I guess im just having trouble seeing where the arps are coming from...i assume they are just specific notes of chord shapes, but which ones im not sure.

As far as the "second inversion" of Emajor...I really have no idea what that means lol.

Any help here is greatly appreciated, but if nothing else, the progression he shows is a cool neoclassical one..so go and learn it yourself if you dont want to help me! haha
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by nvranka
As far as the "second inversion" of Emajor...I really have no idea what that means

An E major triad is E G# B. You get the 1st inversion by raising the root an octave so you would be playing G# B E. The 2nd inversion comes from raising the root and the 3rd an octave so that would be B E G#.