Ok, I sent out to get my normal ernie ball super slinkies, but ended up coming home with Hybrid Slinkies. (They were out of super slinkies) Will I have to make a bunch of adjustments to my MIM Stratocaster? Or should I be fine? Also, what kind of difference will this make for me?
if you get higher gauge the bridge might lift.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
trem? Like the trem action?
Also, Hybrid Slinkies are only 2 numbers higher for the EAD strings, so its not drastic. (or is it)
i dont think so i moved to 11's from 10's and just had to readjust the bridge height
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
It would pretty much all depend on the gauge of the new strings vs. your old strings. I don't think the type would necessarily affect them if the gauge was the same.
seems very simlar.

swap the strings one at a time, any problems, post back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

nothing to watch for. when the strings are on, if you need a couple of minor adjustments post back. but this isnt even a gauge change.

so you know, you should be checking intonation regularly anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

They sound amazing. There is the normal buzz that accompanies new strings, but it goes away. If I encounter issues, ill post, but hopefully there wont be. So, now Im off to sent the intonation.
Hmm, Im still encountering a strange rattle when fingerpicking (its coming from somewhere around the bridge) Not noticable plugged in, but annoying nevertheless.
fretbuzz not transmitting thru the amp is generally not considered a problem.

but feel free to raise the bridge a little if you want.

if you think it's fret buzz,
a tiny allen wrench on the pegs, on the front face of any saddle you'd like to raise.

if you think it's something else then strum and touch the bridge, see if something is loose.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yeah, it doesnt seem to carry over (occasionally fingerpicking, but if I go easy on it, its fine)
One question: should I straighten out the saddles? The they are lopsided (like to high on one side, and the other side is lower)
yeah keep each saddle pretty level.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62