okay so i have a Fender Starcaster and i came with a Tremolo. i wound in the tremolo (yes all the way and even just half way) but the trem wont bend. At all. I know it wont work if the guitar has a fixed bridge but in that case why would it have came with a tremolo? i was thinking maybe they glued down the bridge or blocked it to prevent damage during shipping but idk. help please?
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Thats a weird one, the only time my strat bridge doesnt bend is of course, when there are no strings on it.

=/
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Could be the tremolo springs,I dont have a lot of knowledge with Starcasters,but look in the back cavity..If there are too many springs,or if they are too tight then it wont budge.
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
It's possible the tension springs on the back of your tremelo (around the bottom side of your strat) may be wound in too much. If that's the case it's a relatively easy fix; just remove the back panel, and slowly and evenly (meaning with equal attention to all 3/5 of them), unscrew the screws. You should stop frequently to check if the tremelo budges, but if after about a full turn you don't notice a difference, I'd stop and show it to a pro.
but the thng is the bridge looks fixed. a friend of my mothers works in a guitar shop. and he said it appears fixed. but hes gonna check it out another time. the back panel. on the back of the body wher eyou feed the strings through correct?
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Take a look at this pic.
http://www.micahatwell.com/media/images/po/build_covers01.jpg

That is the tremolo cavity.First off make sure you have 3 springs in there (That should be all you need).Now you will see 2 screws at the upper neck end of the cavity,take a screwdriver and loosen them up a little one by one,until you have a bridge that is whammy capable.And that should be it.
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
Quote by scuba4u
aaaaaaaaaaaand thats why you don't buy a strat. the end.

not true at all alot of famous people play strats and to be honest more famous guitar players use strats over les pauls.
check the springs in back?? this might sound stupid but ur aware u cant pull a start bridge up right? just making sure lol
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by scuba4u
aaaaaaaaaaaand thats why you don't buy a strat. the end.

/fail

that is why you don't buy a starcaster, not a strat, strat's are amazing
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808