i was thinking of taking off the pickguard on my strat and spray painting it yellow with white EVH syle lines. or maybe white with yellow EVH syle lines. im not sure if there are wires connected to the pickguard or anything so i need to know how i could do this. sorry if its a stupid question. this is my guitar
Attachments:
american_series_stratocaster_003 (2).jpg
After I say it'll look bad...

Yes, it's got the pick ups wired to it and the pots. If you want to completely take it off you'll either need to find some way to slide the pups out, or unsolder it.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
take the guard off.

leave the screws near the pickups and near the switch attached, so they stay connected to the guard.

lift off the guard and desolder the ground wire from the bridge and the input jack.

remove guard then the neck, cover the neck and pocket, and scruff the paint to paint over it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
1. Cover up guitar and pick upts with news paper and tape
2. spray paint
3.Take off nespaper
4.??????
5. PROFIT
Quote by jj1565
take the guard off.

leave the screws near the pickups and near the switch attached, so they stay connected to the guard.

lift off the guard and desolder the ground wire from the bridge and the input jack.

remove guard then the neck, cover the neck and pocket, and scruff the paint to paint over it.

^this

...if you want to do it correctly.

Also make sure you stick a tooth pick or somthing in all of your holes or you'll fill them with paint. Also check/ask in Guitar Building and Customizing.