I don't know if this was in the read before posting forum, for the reason that my computer blocks it, but I want to ask a question. It will sound like a stupid question too, but I am sure people could tell me. How do you hook up pedals? I have heard that you get a regular guitar to amp cable, just a regular cable, and plug your guitar to your pedal, then pedal to next pedal with the same kind of cord if you have another pedal, then pedal to amp with the same kind of cord. Is this right? I need to know because I want to make sure I have what I need before I get a pedal. Hurry, becase I have to get it in before I turn my Christmas wish list in to the refrigerator.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
I don't like paragraphs, and can't ever find the place to put smilies.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
guitar ----- pedal------> amp.

so you need 2 guitar cables.

if connecting a couple of pedals you can use a little jumper cable.

guitar ------pedal--pedal--pedal--------->amp

edit: like said, power many pedals with a visual 1 spot adapter kit $30.

cheap adapters add noise and boss adapters are more expensive and power fewer pedals.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 20, 2008,
Yes, you just use a standard 1/4" cable. They also make shorter cables specifically for pedals. They're about 6" long, so they don't take up too much space and fit easily between pedals.

Keep in mind that you'll need 9-volt batteries or an AC adapter to power each pedal. AC adapters are the best option. They'll save you soooooo much money. The best adapter is probably the one made by 1 Spot (has a 10' long cord and can power practically anything), but you'll probably find the Boss adapter in most music shops, but if you want to save money you can pick up a 9-volt adapter at Radioshack for half the price.
Ok thanks, I don't think I need any more replies. I already knew about the battery thing though and I just wasn't sure how to hook it up.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156