Hello! I am new to ultimate-guitar but have been playing bass for 7 years and 6 string for 3. I have a regular fender strat, that i picked up for a great price. It came with an amp that isnt that great, named Brand X.

I was looking at buying a new amp and possibly a guitar, i was look at a Line-6 amp, particularly this one... http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944831-i1168996.gc

i was also looking into a cheap ibanez or epiphone...suggestions?
do not get the line 6 if ur price is only $100 check out the peavey vypers
edit: wait wat ur budget is 400-500 and u post a $100 amp
anyways we need genre and if ur willing to go used
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Last edited by gstacey1 at Oct 20, 2008,
i play all sorts, some metal..some alternative. whatevr the occasion is
k then im gonna recomend an epi vj or a black heart little giant with a bunch of pedals so u can get a range of sounds.
edit: didnt see u wanted a guitar also i recomend u dont get a new one a fender strat is a great versital guitar
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Last edited by gstacey1 at Oct 20, 2008,
do not waste it on a new guitar. any fender with a good setup and without a twisted neck or bad frets is a good guitar. even if you want metal just put a dimebucker or something in the bridge. unless you want rip your face off metal ALL the time you need to get a tube amp. an amp without tubes is like a guitar without wood. pretty much any 5 or 15 watt tube combo would be good unless you need more wattage to gig with. SS sounds good with extreme distortion but has no character anywhere else in the guitar tone spectrum. peavey, blackheart, fender, and many others have good tube amps in that price range.
With a strat you could easily lose that metal addiction if you were to try it out on a fender amp, crank the clean & let the thing do its magic, they didn't make amps and guitars solely to sell more stuff, there's hell of a love (tone mostly) relationship between strat/tele(s) & the likewise-branded amps.

For 400-500 you could get ahold of one of the lower-wattage tube amps they make.

The little giants are way too crunchy, above 2 on the volume they start to break up way too much to do any cleans, no clean headroom at all.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Last edited by Gäbe at Oct 20, 2008,
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
do not waste it on a new guitar. any fender with a good setup and without a twisted neck or bad frets is a good guitar. even if you want metal just put a dimebucker or something in the bridge. unless you want rip your face off metal ALL the time you need to get a tube amp. an amp without tubes is like a guitar without wood. pretty much any 5 or 15 watt tube combo would be good unless you need more wattage to gig with. SS sounds good with extreme distortion but has no character anywhere else in the guitar tone spectrum. peavey, blackheart, fender, and many others have good tube amps in that price range.

dimebucker=bad pick up for a dime type metal sound look at the bill lawrence humbucker. but i agree with u and he should not bother with a guitar
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
ok ok thank you, my friend has a line-6 and its great. i love the sound it makes..so im either getting the 100 or 200 dollar amp depending on what guitar i choose

i am definitely getting a new guitar cuz my strat isnt that great for metal if u ask me
Peavey Valvekings are good tube amps in that price range although you wouldn't be able to get a new guitar.
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
And if you want a cheaper amp get a Peavey Viper.... WAYYYY better than the Line 6

i HATE my line 6
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
ok i hear what you guys are saying but i think its this

Line-6 Spider III 15w
Ibanez RG2EX1??????????

idk about the guitar, i tried this one out at guitar center the other day and it was awesome