I've had my Jackson DKMG for a while with a Jackson licensed floyd rose and I need to use muiltiple tunings on it so I pretty much made it into a fixed bridge by tightening the screws on the back that adjust how high the bridge is. Is there any way to bring it back so I can use a whammy bar?
u can always just push the bar down if not u have to re adjusgt the bridge and everything thats why u buy a floyd when ur aware of the hassle it is and if u want to make it a hard tail install a tremelo no
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by gstacey1
u can always just push the bar down if not u have to re adjusgt the bridge and everything thats why u buy a floyd when ur aware of the hassle it is and if u want to make it a hard tail install a tremelo no

I didn't know how bad floyds were when I bought it a year ago. I guess my real question is can I keep my D standard (1 step down) tuning and still have my floyd work? Or is a hard process to change tunings and make it work.
Quote by teethdude
I didn't know how bad floyds were when I bought it a year ago. I guess my real question is can I keep my D standard (1 step down) tuning and still have my floyd work? Or is a hard process to change tunings and make it work.

it's a simple setup job to set a floyd to a specific tuning; in your case, D standard. The difficulty with a floyd is changing to multiple tunings. Take it to a shop and ask them for a floyd setup in D standard. You might want to put thicker strings on there though.

on a side note, if you dont need a floating trem you might want to look at setting it up for dive only
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by teethdude
I fixed it last night, IDK what the **** you guys were going crazy about.

Why did you even bother to post if you're gonna whine about the responses you got.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
Why did you even bother to post if you're gonna whine about the responses you got.

lol I wasn't whining, just people made it sound like it was the Apocalypse. (Even though we are talking about a Floyd its not that bad lol)