I used the Searchbar and nothing came up so hopefully there isnt already a Brian Wilson Thread.

So Right now I am listening to a bootleg of SMiLE (the original beach boys one, not the recent solo album) and it is blowing my mind. Lets discuss arguably (and lets do just that) the greatest songwriter in pop rock history.
Tiananmen Square Dance
I wouldn't say he's the greatest songwriter in history. He's good, don't get me wrong, but he's far from the greatest.
My Gear:

MIM Fat Strat
Ibanez V70CE
Epiphone S-210
Danelectro '59 Factory Spec Reissue
Godin 5th Ave Kingpin

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (x2)
Crybaby 535Q Wah
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Little Big Muff
BBE "Supa-Charger" Power Supply
I saw him at T In The Park last year, and when he played God Only Knows, it was one of the most amazing moments I've ever experienced

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I saw him at T In The Park last year, and when he played God Only Knows, it was one of the most amazing moments I've ever experienced

I am very very jealous, even though he isnt quite the singer he used to be.
Tiananmen Square Dance
Genius? Most definitely.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by CraZzZy Diamond
I am very very jealous, even though he isnt quite the singer he used to be.

Naturally, he's done a lot and been through a lot. Although he was sitting behind a keyboard, he still had the crowd moving and cheering. Being the huge Beach Boys fan that I am, it was incredible to even see the man

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
you are a lucky man. What was he touring for? SMiLE, Luckey Old Sun, or just cuz?
Tiananmen Square Dance
Well, he played a lot of Beach Boys stuff and a lot of solo, and he may have been touring for SMiLE at the time (I know he definitely did after TitP).

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
havent seen him live yet but do love, and know its not totally him but the barenaked ladies song called brian wilson is awesome and its a shame the amount of people who dont know what that song is about or who it is about!!! people should know who brian wilson is!!!
I've seen Brian Wilson 3 times here in Australia. Pet Sounds tour twice. SMilE once. Everytime it blew my mind.

And I wouldn't hesitate to call him the greatest songwriter ever, either. As even Sir George Martin stated, he's the four Beatles rolled into one.

But let's not go there but enjoy some great music. Sail On Sailor. Wow. Flips me out everytime I hear it, play it, sing it. I love it. What a song.

Yep, I'm a HUGE fan!