well when i first heard of dream theater back about a year or so, i decided to check out some of their songs on limewire. but there are 3 songs that i do not know what they're real names are. as they were titled:

-the root of all evil
-octavarium
-as i am

but when i bought the actual albums the songs were not the ones i downloaded. so if anyone knows the real title of these songs or if they are even songs by dream theater, which i'm positive they are, much help is appreciated

here are the links to the songs. sorry for the crap quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvbNxuow3gY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DssosEtbZn0
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
These songs have been on Limewire for a long while now.

They are not any officially released Dream Theater material, I can tell you that. I have DTs entire catalog and have seen them live twice.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I would assume it would be something LaBrie did on the side, or maybe some kind of collaboration with either OSI or Liquid Tension Experiment, 'cause I've searched my entire DT catalogue and I can't find anything.
these songs are off labrie's solo album 'elements of persuasion', labrie being the lead singer of dt. when he released this album apparently there was some confusion and some thought the album was a pre-release leak of octavarium, meaning that circulating the internet amongst file-sharers are collections of labrie's solo stuff with all the octavarium song titles and such tagged on the songs.

that second song tagged root of all evil in the op is actually called crucify, love that intro so much.
Quote by PopPunkPotHead
rootofAllEvil,thatis

Really? i thought that too but the guitar sounds too much like petrucci.
then the guitar solo followed by the keyboard solo? sounds alot like DT.
hmmm...
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
The first one definitly not them. J.P. doesn't solo like that. But both of the songs have singing just like J.L.

See if James LaBrie has had any side projects, although I don't think it is likely him.

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
Quote by Leper Messiah
The first one definitly not them. J.P. doesn't solo like that. But both of the songs have singing just like J.L.

See if James LaBrie has had any side projects, although I don't think it is likely him.

It is
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by tiptapman
these songs are off labrie's solo album 'elements of persuasion', labrie being the lead singer of dt. when he released this album apparently there was some confusion and some thought the album was a pre-release leak of octavarium, meaning that circulating the internet amongst file-sharers are collections of labrie's solo stuff with all the octavarium song titles and such tagged on the songs.

that second song tagged root of all evil in the op is actually called crucify, love that intro so much.

+83721437491287

i cum blood everytime i hear that intro.

thanks for the input guys
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Those are songs form James LaBries Solo album "Elements of Persuasion".

I did the same thing (downloading what I thought was Octavarium) when I was first checking out DT. Turns out real DT is a whole lot better than what is on that album.
Sig What?
so i'm thinking petrucci did some tracks for labrie then? cuz IMO it sounds alot like JP
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Some good songs by DT are in
A Change Of Seasons Album
Awake Album
Cover Songs Album
Falling Into Infinity Album
Images And Words Album
Live At Budokan Album
Live At The Marquee Album
Live Scenes From New York Album
Majesty Demo Album
Octavarium Album
Once In a LiveTime Album
Scenes from a Memory Album
Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence Album
Systematic Chaos Album
Train of Thought Album
When Dream And Day Unite Album
as well as other singles.
The 2nd one is Crucify - James LaBrie
Its actually not JP playing on it. I dont know about the other one.
Quote by angusfan16
I opened my eyes and found my mother standing next to me with my sheets in one hand and the other hand over her eyes. She said, "Why are you naked!" and i quickly tried to come up with an answer, but all i could get out was, "Feels good man."
It's not exactly DT, it's from one of James' solo albums. Not sure which ones, but that is deff. his voice. Good ear.
Yeah James LaBrie songs from his album "Elements of Pursuasion", the first one is called "Drained", and the second one is "Crucified".
EDIT: Yeah none of the players on the album are from DT. The guitarist's name is Marco Sfogli, and the keyboardist is Matt Guillory. The guitarist is a damn fine soloist, but I think overall the album sounds a bit too much like DT, just with less time signature shifting. I think LaBrie should've gone for something different in his solo work. Oh well!

Last edited by pangui at Oct 21, 2008,
what about the third song? it's in the first video at the end?
kinda sounds a bit different from labrie's vocals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvbNxuow3gY
what about this one?
^^^be sure to check the second song at the end.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
TS, I haven't heard that second song in the first video. It's definitely LaBrie though, I'm guessing it's an Ayreon song just from the sound of it.