Well after learning smells like teen spirit solo ( i dont really consider it a solo, it is too easy). I decided to learn stairway to heaven. AAAAh, that solo is such a pain to lean, im on my 4th and a half day, and havent even got past the

|---------------------------------------------|
|------------------------------------------ 13-|
|--------- 10------------------ -12---- 12-14----|
|------ 10---- 12-10--- -10-12/14---- 14----------|
|-8/12------------- 12-------------------------|

|------------------------ 15b17-15-12----------------|
|--15b17-15-13--15-13-13------------- 15b17-15-13----|
|------------------------------------------------ 14-|
|---------------------------------------------------|

(sorry couldnt directly copy and past)
Did people struggle like this as well when first started playing?
Any tips (i have been playing for 2 and a half months)
Eeee there's like a little mini sweep in teh first 5 - 6 notes.
Take your time! Practice practice practice.
Perfect EVERY bar before you move on if you want to nail this solo.
Oh, eat popcorn too.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
ya, you might wanna hold off on that. if you learn it great. but don't expect to just sit down and do it. esp. note for note. once you become more familiar with scales and soloing in general you can get the catchy parts down and improv the rest good luck
get guitar pro, its a godsend.

and you'll just have to keep practising. plenty of lessons/threads on how to do so effectively.

play slow and clean, then build up speed in tempo. you'll get it!
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Teen Spirit to Stairway? Dude.
That's like learning to crawl then trying to do a triathlon. Take it slow man. Work your way up, progress at a steady rate. Don't aim for the gold all at once.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
what he said,

i only learned how to play the entire stairway AFTER A YEAR!
so i really dont expect you to learn it now, now matter how awesome you are.

can you play smells like teen spirit solo? if you can try aiming higher now, but not too high
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
I already gave you an easy solo to learn, you might as well try that rather than diving into things that get deceptively fiddly...you've got no chance of pulling off the second half of the Stariway solo yet.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Take it easy man, you're only playing for 2.5 months. Or you are playing way beyond
your skills (sloppy style, lots of mistakes, not consistent), or you are a ****ing guitargod, playing this solo after only 2.5 months. Try easier stuff first: Hey Joe - Jimi, Dancing in the
moonlight - Thin Lizzy, Nothing else matters - Metallica, hell, even Bohemian Rhapsody
is easier i reckon. Good luck anyways.
Dude im telling you, after 2.5 months you are playing sloppy as hell, and probably dont even realize it. I thought I was amazing when I first started. Now I go back and watch my videos. TERRIBLE lol.
I didn't even attempt a solo until I'd been playing about 6 or 7 months....I just knew there was no way I'd be able to manage. I could barely play static chords so how the hell was I supposed to do fiddly single note lines?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by simplekin88
Well after learning smells like teen spirit solo ( i dont really consider it a solo, it is too easy). I decided to learn stairway to heaven. AAAAh, that solo is such a pain to lean, im on my 4th and a half day, and havent even got past the

|------------------------------------------ 13-|
|--------- 10------------------ -12---- 12-14----|
|------ 10---- 12-10--- -10-12/14---- 14----------|
|-8/12------------- 12-------------------------|

I even can tell that this solo is too early for you, because this part and the first
are the easy bits. Of course if you practise, practise, practise you will learn it eventually, but the thing is: you can't play another solo with the same difficulty, you'll have to start
all over again. In the other hand, if you gradually build up your skills, you have a basis to work from, so you can play everything with that difficulty.
so is everyone's recommendation that i save this for later, and just practice scales to build my expericene and finger skills?
Quote by simplekin88
so is everyone's recommendation that i save this for later, and just practice scales to build my expericene and finger skills?

yes, that is everyones recommendation, try to hold in that feeling, i know how it felt, this too was the first song i ever wanted to learn.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by simplekin88

My recommendation is to learn Highway to Hell - that's a realistic goal. It'll take a while to get it nailed but you will be able to play it.

All Right Now by Free has a pretty sraightforward solo too...that was the first thing I ever figured out by ear.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc