Hello all,

I am in the middle of a mid-teenage dilemma.

See I have been givin the opportunity to get the Peavey XXX 120 watt head with Mesa tubes (used) at an amazing price (cannot disclose price)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Triple-XXX-120W-Guitar-Amp-Head-104003215-i1145596.gc

And i can get the B-52 LS-412 400 watt cab for a great used price from a friend

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-LS-412-400W-4x12-Guitar-Extension-Cabinet-104323720-i1322641.gc

I currently have a B-521 AT-112 60 watt all tube combo.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-AT-112-60-Watt-1x12--Tube-Combo-Amp-103733606-i1170731.gc

The problem is that i am a senior in college, so i dont know whether i should stik with my combo or get the head and cab.
You are a senior in college and this is a mid teenage dilemma. WTF? You should be about 22.
rJ KaHLoN
teenager = 13-19..mid teenager ~16... pretty young for a senior in college, eh? Otherwise, I just graduated with a Bachelor's this year and completed my first half stack today (cab came in for my Mk IV). I would have to agree that it is impractical for most college students to have a large amp (in dorm/apartment situations etc.)
Quote by 4regt4
teenager = 13-19..mid teenager ~16... pretty young for a senior in college, eh? Otherwise, I just graduated with a Bachelor's this year and completed my first half stack today (cab came in for my Mk IV). I would have to agree that it is impractical for most college students to have a large amp (in dorm/apartment situations etc.)

hmm.. i see your point, a half stack would be pretty big/unnecessary in a college dorm for a few years.

BUT THE OFFER IS SOOOOOO GOOD!
I actually go to college and keep a Marshall Half Stack in my closet in my dorm. I keep it low though but I can still jam with a few buds. Take the deal if you really want it. Rock and Roll ain't Noise Pollution.
rJ KaHLoN
Quote by rjkahlon
I actually go to college and keep a Marshall Half Stack in my closet in my dorm. I keep it low though but I can still jam with a few buds. Take the deal if you really want it. Rock and Roll ain't Noise Pollution.

MG's dont count. At least I assume thats what you ahve, because I dont see any sense in bringing a 100 watt tube head into a dorm. Ill be plugging headphones into a pod

EDIT:

To contribute, I recommend this:

1. Buy the amp, get a killer deal.
2. Sell the amp, for much more than you bought it.
3. Profit!! Buy a small amp.
4. Fap..?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Last edited by dcdossett65 at Oct 20, 2008,
Quote by gpowsang
hmm.. i see your point, a half stack would be pretty big/unnecessary in a college dorm for a few years.

BUT THE OFFER IS SOOOOOO GOOD!

If you're planning to go to graduate school immediately after, then you are stuck for awhile. If you don't go to graduate school, get your degree at the end of the school year, and then get any graduation money, you may have some more money to get something even better (as opposed to getting the XXX now, and having the opportunity to get something better when you finally have the chance to really use it [not to mention the added hassle of transporting a larger amp or multiple amps when moving.]). It's just not something you can turn up to the volume you'd really like/need to (may "need" to for certain tones).
No I have a JCM 900. But my dorm is different. Its sort of a dorm/apartment. Its bigger than a dorm but smaller than an apartment.
rJ KaHLoN
i recommend what deathbydestroyr said. my lead guitarist uses a thd hot plate and it's really nice and works like a charm power amp distortion from 50watt tubes at bedroom practice levels.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by gpowsang
hmm
im unfamiliar with hot plate

it's a power attenuator. It cuts the volume of the load to the cabinet so you can run the head loud and get the benefits of cranking a tube amp with the benefits of sustaining good hearing.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^Yups, but I recommend a weber MASS, much cheaper, just as good.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not