So Pit, need some advice, academically.

I'm currently in the second year of a four year Bachelor's of Sociology program at the University of Windsor.

And generally speaking, I should have 30 credits, but I dropped a bunch of courses last semester plus failed one, so I have 21 credits. I'm also on academic probation cause of the failed class.

I've been having a strong desire to leave town for school, specifically Toronto.
Ryerson, U of T, York, whatever. I want to leave this town, but I also want to change programs because I'm having a tough time with Sociology, and I don't really believe it's my actual calling.

But would leaving town be a bad idea? Cause I'm already in second year, and if I switch, I won't start until September 2009. Would I be wasting time and money?

Let's see, I like music. I like music production. Stuff like that, anyone know any schools in Toronto that'd cater to that sort of field? Doesn't have to be music, could be film, journalism, radio/tv, anything. Just gotta get out of Socio.

Kay, I'm done. Haha.
Last edited by QuiatFat at Oct 21, 2008,
I can't help you but I live in Windsor. Just thought it was cool to see a fellow 519-er. Good luck with your decision.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Quote by Fender_punk
I can't help you but I live in Windsor. Just thought it was cool to see a fellow 519-er. Good luck with your decision.

Haha sweet.
Do you go to the U?
So you are 19/20? And you can expect to live till 80 or so? No matter of time or money is too much to prevent you from changing your mind and making a decision that could keep you happy for 60 years. I changed schools 3 times and majors 4 times and I have never regretted it.
Haha sweet.
Do you go to the U?

No but I have friends there. I'll be there next week to see blurt. haha.
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

519??
That's the area code in london as well.
And I know there are good arts schools in Toronto, not sure if it's U of T or Ryerson though.
Wow another 519er. I'm at st.clair for a live production course bascily, but if you wanna leave windsor, I know that in london theres a recording arts program, and there may be the equivilent to the course I'm in, at a New york college. Forget which one it is tho :S
Quote by punkbassist19
Wow another 519er. I'm at st.clair for a live production course bascily, but if you wanna leave windsor, I know that in london theres a recording arts program, and there may be the equivilent to the course I'm in, at a New york college. Forget which one it is tho :S

Is that the Entertainment Technology program?
Cause I was gonna do that, but I didn't have a grade 12 Physics.
Quote by QuiatFat
Is that the Entertainment Technology program?
Cause I was gonna do that, but I didn't have a grade 12 Physics.

That'd be the one. Meh I took the grade 11+12 phyisics, and it's a review of the grade 11 for the past 2 years so far (I'm in 2nd year).
LOL small world because i was going to do that too. You can take a course that will bassically qualify you to take the program if you didn't have physics. I didn't have grade 12 physics either but they were like "it's cool".
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

Quote by Fender_punk
LOL small world because i was going to do that too. You can take a course that will bassically qualify you to take the program if you didn't have physics. I didn't have grade 12 physics either but they were like "it's cool".

Hm. I wonder if they offer that program anywhere else other than Windsor.
Yeah, I wanna get out of here real bad. xD
I think its offered at a school in newyork? Other then that I think its the only one of its kind in Canada.