is it possible to be mildly autistic? i looked it up on wikipedia and i have quite a few symptoms, even if they aren't extreme. i'm 21 and i've never really had a meaningful relationship with a woman, i'm painfully shy a lot of the time, i find myself doing a lot of repetitive things, and i'm just kind of a weird guy to most people. am i just being too dramatic?
Well...if you really want to know, go get diagnosed by a psychiatrist or a doctor or whoever deals with that sort of thing. Just being reserved and doing some repetitive things doesn't necessarily mean you're autistic, though.

p.s. UG is the second-worst possible place to ask this question, the first being /b/. Go see a doctor haha.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Last edited by LedZeppelin at Oct 21, 2008,
Go get yourself checked if you're that concerned, but honestly your symptoms don't seem like autism, just a guy who is shy and may have some trouble in certain social situations. Just my opinion though
there is relationship, social autism...

many forms
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
No, you're just making excuses for yourself. Take it from me. A while ago, I thought I had mild Asperger's syndrome, but I soon realized that I was just making excuses for my own shortcomings instead of trying to do something about them.

So stop hiding behind self-diagnosis based on internet sources, be a man, and try to meet people, try to get a girlfriend, and stop being a pussy.

Good day.
kill all humans
the Pit: now obviously where you don't come for support.

honestly, you guys are assholes
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Certain types of autism might seem milder than others, but I wouldn't necessarily say there's a such thing as mild autism. If anything, you probably just have a handful of the personality traits characteristic of autism but you don't have all the other pieces that come together to make it a disorder.
My aunt thinks I'm autistic because her son has pretty bad Asperger's syndrome and I have a lot of his same quirks and qualities. I don't really think I am, though. I function too well in every day situations to have Asperger's syndrome. I have a number of autistic traits, but without the autism.
Quote by schecter_guy
is it possible to be mildly autistic? i looked it up on wikipedia and i have quite a few symptoms, even if they aren't extreme. i'm 21 and i've never really had a meaningful relationship with a woman, i'm painfully shy a lot of the time, i find myself doing a lot of repetitive things, and i'm just kind of a weird guy to most people. am i just being too dramatic?

the simple fact that you can form a cohesive thought and put it online means you are by no means autistic, ive worked in youth counseling centers and my younger cousin is autistic so i really do know what im talking about.