I'm planning to record an acoustic Bob Dylan cover album over the next few weeks for my mom's birthday, and I'm gonna record 30 of his songs and pick out the best ones. Problem is, I'm only really aware of his older stuff, and out of that most of it is his really famous songs. Anybody got some suggetions on some lesser known or mor recent Dylan songs that would sound good on acoustic? I've already recorded 10: Subterranean Homesick Blues, Blowin' in the Wind, Positively 4th Street, Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat, Ballad of Hollis Brown, Like a Rolling Stone, Don't Think Twice, Masters of War, All Along the Watchtower, and Tombstone Blues (which you can hear on my profile). Any suggestions would e appreciated, I don't want this to end up becoming the tracklist for Dylan's Greatest Hits, ya know?
was gonna suggest masters of war, but you've already got it. i'd say lay lady lay but if its for your mum that could be a little weird :P
Strats -> Twin = sexwaves
Girl from North Country, One more Cup of Coffee, Most of the Time, It ain't me babe, Tangled up in blue, Simple twist of fate, Shelter from the storm, buckets of rain, Maggie's Farm, Mr Tamborine man, It's all over now baby blue, Hurricane, A Hard Rain's gonna fall, Desolation Row, times they are a changin, when the ships come in.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.