fender/squier/fake?
ima thinking of buying it can anyone id it?

EDIT: added more pics, what wood would this be as well?
Edit: oh, and its Made in Korea (wtf?)
Last edited by texzephyr at Oct 21, 2008,
I don't know, but that sure is a sexy headstock!!
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Quote by E_squared
I don't know, but that sure is a sexy headstock!!

yeah i know... it is strange though i've never seen MIK fenders besides a tele once...
it's real, made in korea, they are many korean made strats, they are good as the japanese model, bascially same. i am not saying that just because i am korean..
you do know that there are many different models, i used to had 62 reissue japanese strat, and the headstock logo only had fender logo on it, no stratocaster or whatsoever. As long as it has a serial number, it's real. Hows australia by the way? My friend is in aussie at the moment, having a nice holiday with his girl friend
lol cool, i'm in tassie so even tho its nearly summer its cold here

any idea of what wood it would be?
Re-Edit; Ah forget it, already got a response.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 21, 2008,
Hmm...Well, as Koreandude said, it's made in Korea. I'm not positive on the dating, but based on a few craigslist ads I've seen, I'm going to make an educated guess and say that it's from sometime in the 90's, 1992 if that two means anything, which I'm not sure if it does or not(No recent Fenders have been Korean-made, so my buddy at the shop didn't tell me a lot about them). Based on the more noticeable details, I'm also going to guess it's what would be a Mexican Standard nowadays. 90's Standards were nice though; hot pickups, better woods than nowadays that used less glues together slabs, and Korean-made craftsmanship, in my experience, easily outpaces Mexican.

EDIT: nevermind. i'd still like to know the wood but thanks heaps necrosis. now i jus gotta ask mum bout it... is AU$200 a good price thats around 140 US
Last edited by texzephyr at Oct 21, 2008,
Not a problem. And yes, $200AU/$140US is great for a Korean-made strat. Even if it does turn out to be a copy, Korean-made guitars are much better than the Chinese Squiers you could get for that nowadays. I say go for it if you can convince her. Best luck.

my schecter is made in korea....... why would they make it there? it's pretty expensieve there, small country, and not much factories..
I'm not that good with currency transfers(Or metrics, the better system compared to the abomination called the Imperial system. In short I'm unfortunately screwed if I go out of the US and Canada. ><...well, if my guess of $190.96US is correct though, then it's still a good deal for a Korean-made strat(The closest Squier is $200US, Chinese-made, and is still not a great guitar), so just to ensure you get it, I'd try for the BuyItNow price.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 21, 2008,
It's either ash(unlikely), basswood(possible if it's a copy, though unlikely. Incorrect if it ends up really being a Fender.) or alder(likeliest any way; Alder's the cheapest way to the classic Fender tone, Fender uses it on lower-price guitars compared to the more-expensive ash on guitars like the American Standards. Alder is a good wood too, especially for single-coils. Since it's the cheapest wood that can be used for the classic Fender sound, a lot of copies also use it). Out of those three it's hard to go wrong. IMO each has a great sound all it's own, you just need to set the amp right.

Not a problem, glad to be a help. And XD. Guitar is kinda a big thing for me in the five years I've been playing, so I try to know a lot about it...a lot of the time I end up figuring out so much it becomes uninteresting...hoping that doesn't happen anytime soon. :P