by playing lots of rhythm. if u play lots of rhythm u will get "FEELING" and then u will know how to improvise to any rhythm or beat
try to lie about everything. eventually you'll have to get good to avoid trouble.

edit: oh wait, are you talking about musical improvisation? i can't help you there....
I start my day off with my studio audience shouting random things at me, and I just build from there.
There's no wax on wax off with improv. You learn by doin' it.
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Study the work of Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles...preferably during the Clive Anderson years.

No but really, just put on an album (or throw iTunes on shuffle) and play along, that's how a lot of my best stuff has come out. Work on staying in key with the song, variating the song's riffs, etc...
Quote by Spamwise
I usually start by going to the Musicians Forum.

Oh burn...
Learn new techniques and incorporate them into your improv, but really you just gotta experiment, theres no guidelines to improv...
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!

4 out of 5 Posers agree, MG Halfstack = Awesome Improvisation

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
for solo improvisations, learn lots of scales for the style of music that your into or mainly play and practise them heaps so you know where the notes are all over the fret board so when you want to improvise, you just play random notes from the scale incorperating different rhythms and techniques like bending and harmonics.
Check my profile...
Quote by Sasms
for solo improvisations, learn lots of scales for the style of music that your into or mainly play and practise them heaps so you know where the notes are all over the fret board so when you want to improvise, you just play random notes from the scale incorperating different rhythms and techniques like bending and harmonics.

THIS +1. Exactly what i'm working on now.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top