I hesitate to come and ask here because of the large number of useless, asinine answers I will most likely receive but here it goes.

I'm looking to pick up skateboarding. I've been on my friend's longboard a few times and didn't find it too difficult and I want to buy a longboard of my own now. I'm going to be buying a sector 9. I wasn't sure if the different series' meant anything or if they were just the style of the board. Can anyone tell me if the series matters and will affect the way the board performs? For example does one type of series handle better than another?

https://www.sector9.com/#/product/boards/
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN FAPPAGE!!!

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
I dont think the type of series really matters, but it would probably help to try them out to see which one suits you best, and what is most comfortable for you.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
just read the descriptions. For someone who is a beginner i would go with the cloud 9 series. They are wide and they handle really good!!
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
i would go for the gavin roots or the fingers board. My friend has a Gavin roots and i wish i would have gotten that one!!!
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
you know as soon as you said you will receive stupid and asinine answers, you pretty much sealed your fate my man. That's like coming in here and saying "no fapping or rape posts please", you're just inviting it to happen.
I have to order online because I'm at college and have no way of getting to a shop until at least december. I asked my friend but he doesn't know much better than me. He is relatively new as well. I was thinking maybe Wings from the Platinum series but it looks a little short. I'm not sure seeing as I know almost nothing about skateboards. Also I was looking at OG Cloud from the Cloud 9 series.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
Quote by YetAnotherMuso
you know as soon as you said you will receive stupid and asinine answers, you pretty much sealed your fate my man. That's like coming in here and saying "no fapping or rape posts please", you're just inviting it to happen.

It's going to happen either way i have had way too much experience with the Pit. Which is why I only come here once a month if that now and it's usually to ask questions like this.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
Are you gonna do tricks or just ride? If you're gonna do tricks and stuff, a regular skateboard would be better.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Are you gonna do tricks or just ride? If you're gonna do tricks and stuff, a regular skateboard would be better.

Yeah it threw me off seeing skateboard and how he wanted to pick up skateboarding and then was talking about longboarding. For me, skateboarding and longboarding have been two different things.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
I'm just going to be riding. So a longboard, sorry about the confusion like I said I know nothing about skateboarding.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
I'm just going to be riding. So a longboard, sorry about the confusion like I said I know nothing about skateboarding.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
Quote by t3h h4x0r

Oh, disregard my last post then.

Quote by Fishyesque
Yeah it threw me off seeing skateboard and how he wanted to pick up skateboarding and then was talking about longboarding. For me, skateboarding and longboarding have been two different things.

Yeah. I mean, it's possible, but it's just very impractical.
I still don't know which I should get the Wings or the OG cloud
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?
for my cruiser board, i just got a normal street deck and normal trucks with huge risers and 65mm wheels.

if all you're going to be doing is rolling around, then it doesn't really matter what longboard you get.

EDIT: are you buying online or at a local shop?