i was thinking about getting one for my ibanez. i was wondering if anyone here has gotten one. i wanna order a custom one but how long did it take you to get yours made?
also as far as quality by looks and playability how would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Mine took 4 - 6 weeks I think.

Looks and playability both about 8/9 out of 10.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with either but until I play or see every neck in the world I can't give it 10's.

There are no flaws in it (not even any minor niggles) and it was definitely worth the money.

Hope that helps you somehow
They do really good work. But a custom neck not using the standard strat or tele neck pocket is probably going to take longer than the usual 6 weeks and cost a whole lot more.
Quote by Tackleberry
They do really good work. But a custom neck not using the standard strat or tele neck pocket is probably going to take longer than the usual 6 weeks and cost a whole lot more.
Yep, around $600 on the neck usually if it's not a normal neck.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It baffles me that they haven't added the AANJ as well as the Ibanez headstock (And hell even the RG shape) to their catalog.

Seems like a no brainer to me.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by jm1681
It baffles me that they haven't added the AANJ as well as the Ibanez headstock (And hell even the RG shape) to their catalog.

yeah seriously, i am gonna email them about if they can do the aanj connection. cuz thats what my ibanez has. so if they can then i will either have to drill holes myself or even just get another neck.
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
I wouldn't "fret" (I'm going to hell for that pun) just yet.

You might want to try this guy. I've spoken to quite a few people and read around a lot about him on Jemsite. People seem to be happy with his necks and bodies.

It might cost you a bit more, but if Warmoth proves to be over-the-top expensive (Or just flat out won't do it) it may very well be cheaper. Your custom options are also much greater with CW's shop
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Quote by jm1681

They can't just start making any design they want. They need to get permission first from the original brand - so perhaps they've wanted to make the Ibanez headstock in the past, but Ibanez wouldn't let them.

As far as quality goes, you can't really fault Warmoth. You're not exactly getting totally flawless Custom Shop quality, it's basically the same sort of quality as you get with American-made 'Standard' ranges from Fender, Gibson, ESP, etc. Though, they can be a little overpriced. For example, the price for a very basic all-maple Fender replacement neck, with all the default options, is very reasonable. But the second you start putting extra stuff, the prices hikes way up - $30 for a nut you can buy elsewhere for $4.50? $110 for binding that doesn't even include the headstock? It can get pretty stupid.

Their customer service is also pretty bad. Unless you're dropping a lot of money with them, they're not helpful. God forbid you ever want to ask a question.

The main problem though with buying any neck like that is obviously the fact you can't feel it until it's already made and paid for. So unless you really know exactly what you're ordering, it can be pretty hit-and-miss, and you could be flushing a lot of money down the toilet if you order the fretwire to be fraction of a millimetre too big, for example.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
They can't just start making any design they want. They need to get permission first from the original brand - so perhaps they've wanted to make the Ibanez headstock in the past, but Ibanez wouldn't let them...
Good point. I hear Ibanez can be a bit picky in that respect.

Still, doesn't Warmoth have a Fender license to reproduce their headstock and body designs? I can't imagine something like that comes at a lower premium than the same sort of license from Ibanez.

Again, I'm sure they have a justifiable reason, I just don't see it.

Quote by MrFlibble
...Their customer service is also pretty bad. Unless you're dropping a lot of money with them, they're not helpful. God forbid you ever want to ask a question...
I hear this a lot.

However, everytime I've called or e-mailed them just to ask questions about what I can and can't do through their shop, they've always been prompt and polite
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头