This was in part inspired by the "most famous person you know thread". Got me wondering, are there any UGers in bands that are doing really well for themselves? Any who have major label deals and/or have toured internationally? Who is the most successful UG band that you know? I mean I know that the average UGer is a 16 year old bedroom guitarist but you know, with a million registered members you would think that there are at least a couple of users in bands that are relatively successful...
I heard the guitarist from Kill Hannah was on here somewhere

Not too shabby
Well whad'ya know, it's a female on UG. D:

Shine On, Cast A Shadow.

Quote by hugh20
i love me some fundie christian gayboys

Quote by sglover34479
<3 You = smart.

I bet heaps of famous guitarists come here.

It's a massive source of music and information, which I'm sure many of them require.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by XmydyingheartX
I heard the guitarist from Kill Hannah was on here somewhere

Not too shabby

I don't like them too much, but that's pretty cool. There must be a few famous people on here, think about it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I don't like them too much, but that's pretty cool. There must be a few famous people on here, think about it.

*thinks about it*
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
Maybe they're too busy touring and stuff to spend their time on a forum like this
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Quote by reaper_x
*thinks about it*

Good lad

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by toton1989
Maybe they're too busy touring and stuff to spend their time on a forum like this

Well I did consider that, I didn't really think that one of the pit monkeys was in fact Lars Ulrich in disguise, but surely given the size of this site at least some of the guitarists on here had achieved relative success. Don't rain on my damn parade.
Quote by Pyrest
Once again, you have made me lol.

Seriously though, youtube him.

...I did, and not being familiar with the joke was sorely disappointed ...but did get some good laughs out of it nonetheless
Oh please guys, you're making me blush.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by bowdyyz69
I'm in Metallica

Quote by YetAnotherMuso
This was in part inspired by the "most famous person you know thread". Got me wondering, are there any UGers in bands that are doing really well for themselves? Any who have major label deals and/or have toured internationally? Who is the most successful UG band that you know? I mean I know that the average UGer is a 16 year old bedroom guitarist but you know, with a million registered members you would think that there are at least a couple of users in bands that are relatively successful...

Quote by bowdyyz69
I'm in Metallica

I think he's coming out of the closet
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Dave Mustaine has an account here, as does Kirk Hammet. I also know that Billy Joe Armstrong is rubbish...but that's a different story
I'm on here, but i'm not exactly famous. Or doing well for myself. Or actually on here...

On another note, where abouts in the middle of nowhere do you live, TS?
Quote by KSM_Dante
I'm on here, but i'm not exactly famous. Or doing well for myself. Or actually on here...

On another note, where abouts in the middle of nowhere do you live, TS?

In the middle?
Quote by imdeth
In the middle?

Smack bang. This man speaks the irrefutable truth! How did you know??

To be serious though KSM_Dante, I live in a town called Rylstone. Don't know it? Didn't think so lol, it's about an hour and a half out of Bathurst.
The guy i'm doing business with says i can consider myself signed..

although all i did was send a couple tunes in to be on a "varied artists" CD thats going to be in HMV
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
The guy i'm doing business with says i can consider myself signed..

although all i did was send a couple tunes in to be on a "varied artists" CD thats going to be in HMV

Well seeing as this is the closest thing to a real answer I've yet had in this thread, it's good enough!