hi UG, I'm thinking of getting an eq pedal to compensate for my tonally retarded spider III but I just need to know if the one I'm considering

I'm thinking of the MXR 10 band eq is it a good choice, thanks in advance
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Well really with eq pedals it's ussualy bigger/more expensive is better.

How good it is depends on how much frequens u can change.

If you wanna change ur sound it's a hit or miss if ur frequency u wanna change is on the pedal. Ussualy people uce those pedals too dial in some more mid/treble/bass for if they wanna play solo's or too round up a bit of mud.

Imo opionion a guitar plugged in with Eq flat should already sound good. And u use eq to make it heavier or brighter or more midrangey. Not too change a guitar's character.

You will need like a graphic eq for that.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Oct 21, 2008,
EQ pedals are an incredibly powerful tone shaping tool, arguably the most useful pedal you can get. ..however it's debateable whether one would help all that much with a Spider. I'd just get a cheap one like the Danelectro Fish and Chips for starters and see if it helps.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
YES but with 9000+ frequency ranges and only 10 chooseable from the mxr could dissapoint.

A graph equalizer let's u dial in any frequency, and you can adjuts the Q (width of the frequency being affected) for more natural tone.

Only downside is they are costly.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
There's absolutely no need for any guitarist to worry about that level of EQ control, you only need that kind of kit for studio recording or live shows.

10 bands is plenty.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com